[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] Mp3, Attendance, AC recording & AC Chat Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Sunrise Registrations

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Fri Apr 21 15:57:56 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email. The MP3,
Adobe Connect recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Review of all
Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Sunrise
Registrations call held on Friday, 21 April 2017 at 14:00 UTC. Attendance of
the call is posted on agenda wiki page:
<https://community.icann.org/x/pNPRAw> https://community.icann.org/x/pNPRAw

MP3:   https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-21apr17-en.mp3

Adobe Connect recording:
<https://participate.icann.org/p3f01vn45m5/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=270a392f7eacd741
b08abf3f2654f84519ad6e8cf34f5cf5e6c5e8497ddb0bc4>
https://participate.icann.org/p3f01vn45m5/

Calendar page:  <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-sunrise/

Wiki page:   <https://community.icann.org/x/msrRAw>
https://community.icann.org/x/msrRAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 21 April 2017:

    Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms
(RPMs) Sub Team for Sunrise Registrations is scheduled for Friday, 21 April
2017 at 14:00 UTC for 60 minute duration

  Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_p
NPRAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
pNPRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpC
IgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=JkACsG9GWeyOpM7mmPlTGmYnYCdNtv6S_HYIkrExHj
o&s=8Pf8rO2BHT18nFQ6YQf5yZnmqjJctOUYLQGT-NCkfAc&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=JkACsG9GWeyOpM7mmPlTGmYnYCdNtv6S_HYIkrExHjo&s=8P
f8rO2BHT18nFQ6YQf5yZnmqjJctOUYLQGT-NCkfAc&e=

  Terri Agnew:We would like to introduce Julie Bisland as GNSO SO/AC Support
coordinator. She has started training with us this week.

  Maxim Alzoba:Hello All

  Maxim Alzoba:Do we have Adobe audio?

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Hi all.  Welcome Julie!

  Julie Bisland:Thank you!

  Lori Schulman:hello

  Lori Schulman:I am having trouble connecting to audio

  Lori Schulman:can you please dial out to 202-704-0408

  Terri Agnew:@Lori on the telephone? or adobe connect?

  Mary Wong:Hello everyone - please note that comments made in balloons/pop
outs in the Google Doc won't show in the PDF version that is on screen.

  Terri Agnew:@Lori will do

  Lori Schulman:I can't see the whole document on my screen

  Lori Schulman:thank you

  Lori Schulman:My apologies. I have a very slow connection

  Mary Wong:And since some members were still editing the document when this
version was saved, not all the latest comments will have been captured.

  Lori Schulman:I am going to work from my local copy as I can't see the
document

  Lori Schulman:I am on the line

  Amr Elsadr:The document on display now is the updated version as of about
30 minutes ago, so if edits are currently being made, they won't show up
here.

  Amr Elsadr:Google doc online is here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_documen
t_d_1NMlQRUyoMD271Xxu3-5FGqwkSeTGs2huW-5F5DqzgX1mOKo_edit
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_docume
nt_d_1NMlQRUyoMD271Xxu3-5FGqwkSeTGs2huW-5F5DqzgX1mOKo_edit&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3
PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H
4xR2EBk&m=JkACsG9GWeyOpM7mmPlTGmYnYCdNtv6S_HYIkrExHjo&s=JtZGQcwdQh4Amr8UihyT
ZkcwgYx1H4pRzlBCYt7YITU&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=JkACsG9GWeyOpM7mmPlTGmYnYCdNtv6S_HYIkrExHjo&s=Jt
ZGQcwdQh4Amr8UihyTZkcwgYx1H4pRzlBCYt7YITU&e=

  Mary Wong:@Lori, the definitions are in footnote 2.

  Mary Wong:Essentially, they mean Approved Launch Program and Qualfieid
Launch Program, which may be offered by registry operators.

  Maxim Alzoba:one second - will try to find URL for QLP document

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Because they are launch
programs, they generally happen PRIOR to sunrise, which is why they are
mentioned here.

  Maxim
Alzoba:https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/announcements-and-media/announcement-10
apr14-en

  Mary Wong:@Kristine, exactly

  Maxim Alzoba:QLP is relevant to RPMs - it is an addendum to RPMs

  Mary Wong:We will also add a definition for LRP (Limited Registration
Period), which are defined in the TMCH Reuquirements as something that can
happen between Sunrise and GA.

  Lori Schulman:@Amr - bunching suggestion was for 4,5 and 6

  Lori Schulman:then 7 and 9

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Lori.

  Lori Schulman:can we see the whole chart at once?  I only see segments and
its hard to follow

  Amr Elsadr:@Lori: If you mean the doc on the screen, you should be able to
navigate through it.

  Lori Schulman:Got.

  Maxim Alzoba:which question?

  Maxim Alzoba:premium names?

  Maxim Alzoba:or reserved lists + profanity language ?

  Maxim Alzoba:could we repaint batches?

  Maxim Alzoba:so the batched items have the same number

  Maxim Alzoba:*colour

  Amr Elsadr:@Maxim: Noted your request to do this. Will work on coloring
the different batches.

  Maxim Alzoba:thanks

  Mary Wong:Registry operators are required to have SDRPs.

  Mary Wong:It's in the TMCH Requreemnts.

  Mary Wong:And I believe the origin was the IRT Report.

  Griffin Barnett:Yes, Kristine's audio seems blown out

  Susan Payne:me too

  Susan Payne:really load and distorted

  Mary Wong:Exact language for SDRP requirement: "Registry      Operator
MUST    provide              a           mechanism to  resolve disputes
regarding           its registration  of          Sunrise Registrations.
Each     Registry             Operator MUST develop a            Sunrise
Dispute Resolution         Policy    ("SDRP"),            which    will
allow              challenges         to          Sunrise Registrations
related     to              Registry              Operator's
Allocation           and       registration              policies,
including on       the        grounds              that       the
domain name    that       was registered  does      not        match   the
Trademark        Record on         which   the       Sunrise-Eligible Rights
Holder  based   its         Sunrise Registration."

  Phil Marano (Mayer Brown):Loud and clear here...

  Mary Wong:Oops sorry for bad font

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Dialing in

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:whats the code

  Mary Wong:Participant code = SUNRISE

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:I

  Susan Payne:wonderful Kristine

  Mary Wong:OK here are the SDRP requiremens, hopefully in better font:
"Registry Operator MUST provide a mechanism to resolve disputes regarding
its registration of Sunrise Registrations. Each Registry Operator MUST
develop a Sunrise Dispute Resolution Policy ("SDRP"), which will allow
challenges to Sunrise Registrations related to Registry Operator's
Allocation and registration policies, including on the grounds that the
domain name that was registered does not match the Trademark Record on which
the Sunrise-Eligible Rights Holder based its Sunrise Registration"

  Mary Wong:@Kristine, are you looking at the TMCH Dispute Resolution
Process, or individual RO's SDRPs?

  Maxim Alzoba:SDRP policies vary from registry to registry

  Mary Wong:@Maxim, yes

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:@ Mary I was reading from the
SDRP criteria from the ?AGB

  Mary Wong:@Kristine, thanks, that's clearer

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Agree, Susan, the RO may have
additional grounds.  also the SDRP can be suef for an end-date sunrise where
the RO has allocation methods

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:My comment generally relates
to the serious overlap between the TMCH dispute policy and these "mimum"
criteria of ROs

  Mary Wong:We know from Deloitte that no third party disputes have been
brought under the TMCH Dispute Resolution Procedure, whether on GIs on
anything else. We can't know about individual ROs unless we ask them.

  Susan Payne:ah - agree with comments re the overlap

  Matt Mlsna:I have to drop off for another call.  Sorry for not being able
to attend the entire meeting.

  Susan Payne:I just don't really think it is a sunrise Q

  Mary Wong:Will it help to clarify what about the SMD file is to be
reviewed?

  Mary Wong:There is information about how a SMD file is created and used -
staff will locate the links and send them to the list.

  Maxim Alzoba:tocken expires, do not remember time

 Maxim Alzoba:but not long time

  Mary Wong:We'll send the documents around, I think all this is in the
Functional Spec.

  Maxim Alzoba:not even enough for some of operations

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:All of these questions can be
answered by the tutorial as well.

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:I think the use of SMD crosses
topics.  TMCH, Sunrise, URS

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:So we need to fully understand
SMD

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Agree with Susan

  Maxim Alzoba:one sec

  Kathy Kleiman:Finally, I'm in!

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:yay

  Kathy Kleiman:yes

  Maxim Alzoba:I am not sure how to prevent this - there is no way

  Maxim Alzoba:to understand if the gaming was involved .. for example -
genereic words also contain apple - so it is not sinple

  Maxim Alzoba:*simple

  Kathy Kleiman:+1 Susan - and the question gives a place for the
conversation from the list to go...

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Also +1

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:For Q10:  conduct the tutorial
and see if any questions arise from that, once people understand it

  Kathy Kleiman:I think I promised to give Lori a rephrasing of Q10

  Kathy Kleiman:Lori- what does parking mean?

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:IMO parking means that we
don't remove the question, but don't build in a lot of discussion time
because we think we'll have gotten through it already....anyone else think
that?

  Susan Payne:@Kristine - yep

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Agree.  leave it in

  Maxim Alzoba:My suggestion of removal the question was related to Q8

  Kathy Kleiman:Makes sense.. tx Kristine!

  Susan Payne:leave in.  don't  waste time, duplicate work, re-open if
somethign has been agreed.  have a note to that effect to remind us

  Maxim Alzoba:NOTE: please use different saturation of clolurs , so color
blinded people see it too (like first colour will be light grey, second
colour mid-gray , third - dark grey )

  Maxim Alzoba:*colours

  Amr Elsadr:Staff will update the google doc to reflect today's discussion.

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:I think giving people until
Tuesday is fine.

  Maxim Alzoba:I mean if first colour red - then light red, second green -
mid green e.t.c

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Those of us on the call appear
to be generally in alignment

  Susan Payne:Sounds good.  really sorry I need to jump off

  Mary Wong:How about Tuesday to agree on what to close off after today
(based on new staff update to the Google Doc)

  Maxim Alzoba:could we have doodle poll with date times?

  Kathy Kleiman:Agree

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Agree

  Kathy Kleiman:Tx for a great meeting, Lori!

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Nice job chairing us through
all of our respective tech difficulties.

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Lori and all!

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Make sense

  Maxim Alzoba:bye all

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.