[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] FW: Mp3, Attendance, AC recording & AC Chat Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Sunrise Registrations

Julie Bisland julie.bisland at icann.org
Fri Apr 28 19:05:35 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email. The MP3, Adobe Connect recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Sunrise Registrations on Friday, 28 April 2017 at 14:00 UTC. Attendance of the call is posted on agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/HNnRAw

MP3:   https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-28apr17-en.mp3
Adobe Connect recording:  https://participate.icann.org/p1l2io6pio2/

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/msrRAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julie

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 28 April 2017:

  Julie Bisland:Welcome to the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Sunrise Registrations on Friday, 28 April 2017 at 14:00 UTC.

  Julie Bisland:Agenda Wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_HNnRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=EMdkeasljn49mwajPW922eutUsWtQCghWA9iyecSefA&s=0y37oQpzDONg22h-j47WgCHhTsUxTOkS2CbEzxUIBo8&e=

  Terri Agnew:We would like to introduce Julie Bisland as GNSO SO/AC Support coordinator.

  Maxim Alzoba:Hello All

  Maxim Alzoba:I think we might see more people in 5 min

  Lori Schulman:Hi,

  Lori Schulman:Adobe took 7 mins to load today

  J. Scott Evans:yes

  J. Scott Evans:Yes

  Terri Agnew:Yes we can Lori

  J. Scott Evans:Can you hear us?

  Philip Corwin:Hello all

  Jeff Neuman:I hear Kathy

  J. Scott Evans:I hear kathy too

  Lori Schulman:i only hear bits of Kathy

  Maxim Alzoba:I heard Kathy

  susan payne:Kathy was very clear

  Matt Mlsna:i could hear Kathy

  Griffin Barnett:heard Kathy just fine before

  Terri Agnew:@Lori, op is dialing you

  Mary Wong:I can hear J Scott clearly and Kathy as well

  Jeff Neuman:what number is it?

  Maxim Alzoba:which # do we discuss?

  Maxim Alzoba:I do not hear Lory now

  Lori Schulman:Now, I can't hear anything.

  Philip Corwin:i'm getting radio silence

  Jeff Neuman:Can Mary take the reigns for a few minutes?

  Mary Wong:I think the SMD file question is #5

  Mary Wong:#Jeff, that was the original question - I think Kathy's suggestion is in the last column

  Mary Wong:Kathy's rephrased question: "What does the TM Owner hold when it has an SMD file? How does it use it use an SMD file in the Sunrise Period?  If a registration in the TMCH database is not longer valid, will the TM Owner's SMD file continue to work?"

  Maxim Alzoba:TMCH confirms records and is not aware of the legal status of the TM in the real time

  Mary Wong:@Maxim, yes.

  Maxim Alzoba:and after the registration ... it is not important , domain is still registered (if the TLD does not have a policy which demands active TM)

  Jeff Neuman:what was the charter question

  J. Scott Evans:Kathy. Don't take this personally.

  J. Scott Evans:Asked and answered by Deloitte

  J. Scott Evans:No it cannot

  J. Scott Evans:Let's quite wasting time

  J. Scott Evans:Do we have any proof that there has been abuse or a problem?

  Mary Wong:Also , every time a trademark record is renewed or updated based on new information, a new SMD file isgenerated. You can't use the old SMD file once you get your new SMD file as well.

  susan payne:Revocation:Revocation is the process executed by the Trademark Validator, Deloitte, to invalidate an SMD.Revocation may be triggered, for example, when an SMD has been compromised or when a record isremoved from the Trademark Clearinghouse. Once an SMD has been revoked, the SMD cannot be usedanymore.RenewalEvery time a trademark record is renewed or updated based on new information, a new SMD file isgenerated. The validity period of the new SMD file starts at the moment of trademark record renewaland ends at the new expiration date of the trademark record. After the trademark holder downloads thenew SMD file for the first time, the previous SMD file is revoked.

  Terri Agnew:@Mary, you are correct, one document at at a time

  Jeff Neuman:I need to drop.  Thanks.

  Maxim Alzoba:I heard Lory

  susan payne:yes

  J. Scott Evans:agree

  J. Scott Evans:45 minutes

  J. Scott Evans:no. I think it should only take one call. 90 minutes

  Maxim Alzoba:when do we paln next one? could we have doodle poll?

  Mary Wong:@Maxim, do you mean for this Sub Team?

  Maxim Alzoba:yes

  Maxim Alzoba:the week after the next one is GDD summit

  Maxim Alzoba:may 10th is a bad idea , middle of the summit

  susan payne:thanks, that's useful Lori

  J. Scott Evans:we aren't have a call may 10th

  Maxim Alzoba:ok

  J. Scott Evans:no

  susan payne:I do

  J. Scott Evans:discussions are organc

  Maxim Alzoba:I will have to drop by the end of this hour

  J. Scott Evans:I would not see all of this taking place on one call

  J. Scott Evans:work would e taken offline and then brought back, but a discussion of whether we need to take action should not be endless

  Philip Corwin:Any discussion of mechanisms to challenge registry pricing practices are likely to be lengthy and possibly contentious, IMHO.

  Maxim Alzoba:+1

  Maxim Alzoba:also ICANN regulating not only policies but prices ... does it look safe from market regulators perspective?

  Griffin Barnett:I'm a little confused by why we are trying to project/estimate how long discussion on each question will take? I thought our task right now is to review these Sunrise questions, agree as to whether they need any clarification or revision, potentially identify questions where we need to collect additional factual data and design means of acquiring such data

  J. Scott Evans:Griffin. The hope is to give the whole group an idea of how our discussions will map to the overall workplan prepared by staff

  Griffin Barnett:Ok thanks for the clarification on that

  Mary Wong:And once both Sub Teams can provide some recommendations on timing, staff will try to integrate them into an updated Work Plan.

  Kathy:do we have 2 down for data gathering?

  Kathy:Sorry if I missed it, but Kristine's rephrasing would require it...

  Mary Wong:Kristine Dorrain has suggested a rephrasing for 3A

  J. Scott Evans:I have to drop now. Good luck. Lori, you all are doing a great job organizing things. Thanks to you all. I'd like more subteam members to speak up and provide their thoughts though.

  Lori Schulman:My call just dropped

  Terri Agnew:calling lori

  Lori Schulman:I can hear you through the computer

  Lori Schulman:Thank you Mary.

  Lori Schulman:For asking about KD rephrasing

  Lori Schulman:I think we would have to ask registries

  susan payne:I think we said 1 call for this

  Lori Schulman:I said, 1 call

  Maxim Alzoba:Registires will have no RySG meetings till after the GDD summit

  susan payne:Maxim as a RO would you be willing to provide your reserved names list?  I would imagine not

  Maxim Alzoba:we are prohibited from publishing profanity language

  Maxim Alzoba:and some of those list consist of that

  susan payne:yes

  Maxim Alzoba:basically that is the reason thos lists limited ro registrars

  Maxim Alzoba:bye all

  Maxim Alzoba:have to drop

  Roger Carney:+1 Susan, sounds easy to find

  Mary Wong:@Susan, yes

  Mary Wong:We will send around the page you mentioned

  Kathy:Before we end the call, let me thank Lori for dealing so well with a call that had so many audio gremlins.

  Kathy::-)

  susan payne:great, thanks Lori

  Mary Wong:Will do, Lori

  Griffin Barnett:thanks all, jumping to another call

 Mary Wong:Thanks Lori and everyone!

  Kathy:By All

  Philip Corwin:Have agood weekend, all