[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] Mp3, Attendance, AC recording & AC Chat Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Sunrise Registrations

Julie Bisland julie.bisland at icann.org
Fri Jun 9 18:10:33 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email. The MP3, Adobe Connect recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Sunrise Registrations on Friday, 09 June 2017 at 14:00 UTC.

MP3:     https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-09jun17-en.mp3
Adobe Connect recording: https://participate.icann.org/p3z7fe2i2ny/<https://participate.icann.org/p3z7fe2i2ny/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=155295b65430a30c1c7d79f7c4885623b4680ff13c5c8424230ba31c8b2a6275>

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/HjzwAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julie

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 09 June 2017:

  Julie Bisland:Welcome to the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Sunrise Registrations on Friday, 09 June 2017 at 14:00 UTC.

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):good. I had to find the l highest place in the village to get good connection :) pedestrian bridge on a railway station

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):Hello all

  Julie Bisland:hello Maxim! Welcome!

  Jeff Neuman:I am only on for 30 mins

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):I think I am for 40-45 mins

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):the chart is way better

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):then the previous form we have used

  Amr Elsadr:Also note that any recommendatins made by this Sub Team are also subject to agreement by the full Working Group.

  Mary Wong:@Lori, from the staff perspective, having a separate Column 2 and Column 3 makes sense

  Mary Wong:Because it allows the WG to track what happened to each original Charter question

  J. Scott:leave as is. Since so many hands have been on this keeping it as is becomes important.

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):is it reasonable to call it description ? we develop initial questions and describe ouout thinking

  Kathy:Lori: when you say to collapse columns 2 and 3, could you kindly give headings?

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):instead of footnotes

  Kathy:It's a little confusing which column is which.

  Kathy:What does yellow mean? and blue?

Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):we need the text in the end about meaning of colours and numbers in each

  Mary Wong:@Maxim, yes - if the Sub Team wants to keep the color coding we will include a key that explains each color.

  Amr Elsadr:@Kathy: The colors don't have significant meaning themselves. Questions that were initially batched together were highlighted in the same colors.

  Philip Corwin:Apologies for late arrival. I am awaiting operator.

  Kathy:@Amr, tx!  May want to put that into a code or key at the bottom of the pages...

  Mary Wong:@Kathy, as noted above, that is what we plan to do if the colors remain.

  Kathy:Great!

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):yes

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):please clear my hand status (it stuck)

  Jeremy Malcolm:could not hear any of that, is anyone else having audio trouble?

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Lori.

  Mary Wong:@Jeremy, I don't believe so.

  Lori Schulman:No audio trouble on my end.

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):it is new hand

  Kathy:"Abuse of use"

  Lori Schulman:ok, Maxim

  Kathy:great

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):it is both . so an we coulcould underline that we are interested only in sunrise aspaspect here

  Mary Wong:The Sub Team can recommend to the WG that it will be necesary for the WG to tackle the broader question.

  Kathy:good question

  Lori Schulman:Is there a way to challenge use?

  Lori Schulman:Is there a way for a challenging to see the proof of use?

  Mary Wong:@Lori, all - it's not specifically called out, but the TMCH's Dispute Resolution Policies allow a third party to challenge records accepted into the TMCH.

  Mary Wong:Specific registry Sunrise Dispute Resolution Policies may also have addiitional provisions about this.

  Mary Wong:OK - both TMCH dispute resolution policy and each registry-specific policy.

  Lori Schulman:So we should ask whether policies currently have language about access to proof of use documents

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):it does not work when TM lost after the end of a particular sunrise

  Lori Schulman:Suggestion: sampling of policies from individual registries

  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):excuse me. need to drop the call. my train

  Lori Schulman:thank for your contributions Maxim

  Kathy:Should we link #16 and SDRP questions below?

  Kathy:will review...

  Mary Wong:@Lori, I believe the TMCH was supposed to be set up to accept different langauges and scripts

  Kathy:perfect!

  Kathy:agree

  Lori Schulman:For questions 17-22  substitute Sunrise for RPM and note to reorder them to be the first questions asked.

  Mary Wong:@Lori, that's what happens when suggestions are copied wholesale without editing

  Kathy:I'm sorry Maxim had to leave.

  Lori Schulman:Are there certain registries that should not have a mandatory sunrise?

  Lori Schulman:for question 22

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:^based on their published registration/eligibility policies

  Kathy:let's keep some examples too - it helps those who are approaching this anew.

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:(to be clear), not just because the tld is a dictionary word that has a dictionary meaning.

  Amr Elsadr:May I capture an action item for Sub Team members to review the reworded question 22, and suggest further improvements?

  Lori Schulman:right:  Are there certain registries that should not have a mandatory sunrise based on their published registration/eligibility policies

  Mary Wong:Hello Klaus!!

  Amr Elsadr:Apologies. Was dropped off the call.

  Julie Bisland:Verizon op is called Amr

  Kathy:+1

  Amr Elsadr:Back on now.

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Qualified favor..

  Kathy:Tx you, Lori!!!

  Philip Corwin:Amen to that. Let's put this bed before Johannesburg

  Amr Elsadr:Will do, Lori. Thanks.

  Amr Elsadr:As discussed yesterday, it'd be helpful to plan as far ahead as ICANN 61 - need to have preliminary recommendations on phase 1 to solicit input on them from the borader community at that meeting next year.

  Jeremy Malcolm:no thanks

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.