[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] Definitions of Reserved Names, Premium Names and Premium Pricing

Lori Schulman lschulman at inta.org
Tue Jun 13 15:49:52 UTC 2017

Hi, Kristine,

Thank you for your points.  I agree with the references in red.  As far as the purple goes, I had debated on including it but wondered if examples would be helpful.  Once I thought about examples, I felt that in fairness to the process, I should mention dictionary terms and trademarks.  I agree that the language could carry emotional weight for some but I also think that it reflects market realities and it is a statement of fact.   I don’t agree with other term of value to RO as the value is to the purchaser or what the RO thinks the purchaser might pay.   Perhaps a compromise is “This may include: length of string; whether the string is an acronym, or  whether the string has other meaning in the market.”

I don’t necessarily object to removing the last 2 sentences entirely but I thought some explanation could be useful to the process.  My proposal would be to:

1)      Remove last 2 sentences entirely

2)      or revise as  “This may include: length of string; whether the string is an acronym, or whether the string has other meaning in the market.”

Would that work for you?
Any thoughts or suggestions from others?

Lori S. Schulman
Senior Director, Internet Policy
International Trademark Association (INTA)
+1-202-704-0408, Skype: lsschulman