[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] Actions & Notes: RPM Sunrise Sub Team Meeting 02 January 1800 UTC

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Wed Jan 2 20:17:53 UTC 2019

Dear All,

Please see below the action items and notes captured by staff from the RPM Sunrise Sub Team meeting held on 02 January 2019 (18:00-19:00 UTC).  Staff have posted to the wiki space the action items and notes.  Please note that these are high-level notes and are not meant as a substitute for the recording, chat room, or transcript. The recording, AC chat, transcript and attendance records are posted on the wiki at: https://community.icann.org/display/RARPMRIAGPWG/2019-01-02+Sub+Team+for+Sunrise+Data+Review.

Best Regards,

Julie

Julie Hedlund, Policy Director

==

NOTES & ACTION ITEMS

Actions:

Sub Team Homework (see separate Homework email for instructions):

By Wednesday 9 January 2019 at 13:00 UTC, the Sunrise Sub Team is tasked to provide input in the worksheet set up for:
Sunrise Charter Question 5(a): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cHtWXXy9jh5JsoieFE7VinddaWvGTlaAE58E4ujn_ao/edit?usp=sharing  (for those who haven’t provided input before 2 January)
Sunrise Preamble Charter Question: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fw2j0gTvXi8lKlt5qELD6i1Ifg7-_9-jFSup8MEmH80/edit?usp=sharing

Notes:

1. Review agenda/Statements of Interest: No updates.

2. Select Sub Team Leader:

-- Greg Shatan has volunteered.

-- David McAuley would be willing to talk to Greg if he needs help.

-- Sub Team doesn't necessarily need a Co-Chair.

-- Greg Shatan is confirmed.

3. Continue survey analysis:

See the Google worksheets at: https://community.icann.org/x/_oIWBg

On the Comments from Kristine Dorrain:

-- Intended consequence or unintended;   the two different types of sunrise periods was a compromise.  This is a consequence -- the idea that people were confused and didn't understand the difference.  Worth noting in the unintended consequence category.

Greg Shatan's input on George Kirikos' comments:

-- Disagree with the statement "serious statistical problems".

-- Disagree with the statement on "likely skewed the results".

-- If we are talking about negative impact, we shouldn't go too far afield but note what we can't determine from the data.

On the Comments from Griffin:

-- Value to have a single online source to see domain name, start data, end date.

Process Points:

-- How to go from individual opinions to greater agreement?

-- Can raise issues for public comment.

-- No method for consensus in Initial Report, but in Final Report.

-- Can indicate where there is Sub Team agreement on recommendations.