[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] Followup on hotel/hotels sunrise 'gaming' example

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed Jan 23 20:43:24 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

During today's sub team call, I was asked to explain why I felt the
"hotel" sunrise registrations were gamed. I couldn't find, in
real-time, the link to the prior discussion (I was on a different
computer, and it appears that the message hadn't been indexed by
Google!), but I found it now (by searching my email archives) at:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/2017-March/001119.html

under point #6, from March 2017. Due to GDPR, much of the old WHOIS
from 2017 is now redacted, But, a search of the "VAUM GMBH" registrant
took me to:

https://undeveloped.com/domain-seller/vaum-gmbh-17b35615-99cb-4773-ba53-097c7156bf48?order=relevance

which shows dozens of hotel.TLD and hotels.tld domains all currently
listed for sale. That doesn't appear consistent with the purpose of
the TMCH and sunrise period.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269