[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] Question 6 (a-c) proposed text

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Sat Jun 22 08:46:03 UTC 2019

Hello Kristine and Susan,

Thank you very much for proposing the new language for Q6(a)-(c).

On Wednesday, 19 June, staff sent out the updated Status Check document which include proposed language by the Co-Chairs in collaboration with staff. This email (attached) may be missed due to travels. We have included the proposed language for Q6 in the updated status check document below. As you can see, the updated version is much briefer; the discussions and deliberations text will be included in the Summary Table, so nothing will be lost.

Please be so kind to review the updated version below and let us know if you have any additional feedback / see whether any revision to your proposed language is needed.

Thank you,
Mary, Julie, Ariel

==

Q6(a): What are Sunrise Dispute Resolution Policies (SDRPs), and are any changes needed?
Proposed Answer: The Sub Team noted that SDRPs are explained in the Section 6.2.2 and 6.2.4 of Module 5 of the Applicant Guidebook. The Sub Team generally recognized that it is not within the scope of the RPM PDP WG to recommend changes to any Registry Operator specific SDRPs. The Sub Team had widely diverging opinions on whether any changes, deletions, or additions to the mandatory grounds are needed.

Q6(b): Are SDRPs serving the purpose(s) for which they were created?
Proposed Answer: The Sub Team had widely diverging opinions on whether SDRPs are serving the purpose(s) for which they were created.

Q6(c): If not, should they be better publicized, better used or changed?
Proposed Answer: Since the Sub Team had widely diverging opinions on whether SDRPs are serving the purpose(s) for which they were created, it did not consider this question.