[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] [Discussion Thread] Sunrise Q9

BECKHAM, Brian brian.beckham at wipo.int
Thu May 9 15:38:05 UTC 2019

Thanks Ariel,

Copying here, my full email to the Sunrise List from earlier today as it relates to proposal No. 13:

--

Thanks Julie,

Just for fun (as I am aware the example was merely anecdotal), further to our hypothesizing last night, indeed, MINI does have a range of folding bikes:

https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/02/28/new-mini-folding-bike/

This does however illustrate in some ways the nuance in trademark classes and TLD typology that may escape proposal No. 13 in its current form.

As I mentioned on our call, I believe there is a shared willingness to address the issue Michael has raised, but via the SDRP challenge process, and not via claims exclusions.

Brian

--

Brian