[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] [Discussion Thread] Sunrise Q9

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Thu May 9 15:50:15 UTC 2019

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I checked whether Mini made motorcycles
before I sent my proposal in... I didn't think to check whether they made
regular bicycles!

By any chance, were you able to find any examples of the company branching
into the tattoo business as well (http://mini.tattoo)?

I'm not sure if this presents a "nuance" in trademark classes. I don't
think it's much of a revelation that "bikes" can refer to motorcycles or
regular bicycles. All this represents is a product line I was unaware of.
And under my proposal, all Mini would have to do would be to include the
link you provided when they register the domain under sunrise, and that
should be that.

Personally, I don't see how the SDRP challenge process could be retooled to
turn it into something that adequately represents the interests of
potential future registrants without injecting massive amounts of
transparency into the sunrise and TMCH processes... but I would be
interested to hear your thoughts as to how this might work.