[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] Actions & Notes: RPM Sunrise Sub Team Meeting 15 May 1800 UTC

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Fri May 17 17:03:58 UTC 2019

Dear All,

Please see below the action items and notes captured by staff from the RPM Sunrise Sub Team meeting held on 15 May 2019 (18:00-19:30 UTC).  Staff will post them to the wiki space.  Please note that these are high-level notes and are not meant as a substitute for the recording, chat room, or transcript. The recording, AC chat, transcript and attendance records are posted on the wiki at: https://community.icann.org/display/RARPMRIAGPWG/2019-05-15+Sub+Team+for+Sunrise+Data+Review.

Best Regards,
Julie
Julie Hedlund, Policy Director

==

NOTES & ACTION ITEMS

Action Items:

1. Discussion Threads: Staff will:

  *   Close on 17 May:
     *   Q1 (including Proposal #9)
  *   Open pending further responses:
     *   Q3 (including Proposals #10 & #11)
     *   Q4
     *   Q5(a)
     *   Q6 (including Proposals #2 & #4)
  *   Open until 22 May:
     *   Q9 (including individual proposal #13)
  *   Open until 29 May:
     *   Q8 & Q12 (one combined thread)
     *   Q10
     *   Q11
2. Homework: Sub Team members will:

  1.  Continue providing input to Discussion Threads for Agreed Sunrise Charter Q3 (including Proposals #10 & #11), Q4, Q5(a), Q6 (including Proposals #2 & #4), Q9 (including Proposal #13)
  2.  Provide input to the Discussion Threads for Agreed Sunrise Charter Q8 & Q12 (combined), Q10, and Q11
  3.  Review Agreed Preamble Sunrise Charter Question, in conjunction with Proposal #3
  4.  Review Agreed Sunrise Charter Question 5(b), in conjunction with Proposal #1, #7, #8

3. “Status Check” and “Summary Table”: Staff will update based on the transcript/recording from the meeting, submit to the Co-Chairs for review, and then to the Sub Team for review.

Brief Notes:

1. Updates to Statements of Interest (SOIs): No updates provided.

2. Development of Preliminary Recommendations:

a. Discuss agreed Sunrise Charter Question 8

-- Question is really open ended.  One of the problems in drafting the question is that we didn’t have a lot of information.  The way that the systems ran did not intersect well with the Sunrise period.  We could ask questions in public comment about how they could be improved to interact better.  So we know from the people being affected what solutions would have worked for them.
-- There is a really defined group that has some feedback.
-- ACTION ITEM: Kristine and Maxim will add some questions to the discussion thread.

b. Discuss agreed Sunrise Charter Question 10

-- It is vague and not worded as a question.
-- Seems like this question doesn’t belong here and we’ve already discussed it.
-- Do we want to expand proof of use for all registration?
-- The TMCH does not have a requirement for proof of use, so some (a very few) have decided not to provide POU and to just register in TMCH and not Sunrise.
ACTION ITEM: Open a thread on Question 10 -- suggest passing on this question unless there is a suggestion that doesn’t duplicate the discussion in the TM Claims Sub Team.

c. Discuss agreed Sunrise Charter Question 11

-- Anecdotal evidence of lack of registrations because transliterations were not allowed.
-- Open a discussion thread.

d. Discuss agreed Sunrise Charter Question 12

-- When opening a discussion thread include the link to the discussion with Amadeu from CORE.