[Gnso-rpm-sunrise] Closing Date of Sunrise Discussion Threads

Dorrain, Kristine dorraink at amazon.com
Tue May 28 22:08:57 UTC 2019

Ariel, is this doc current? https://community.icann.org/display/RARPMRIAGPWG/Documents%2C+Drafts%2C+Responses%2C+RPM+WG+Sub+Team+for+Sunrise+Data+Review?preview=/102138618/111380133/ST%20Copy%20-%20%5BSunrise%20Status%20Check%5D%2024%20May%202019.pdf

All: I apologize I’ve just been treading water due to other constraints on my time lately.  I thought my comments were being captured in the conversations, but I’m a little worried they might not be, or I’m looking at the wrong doc.  I know we’ve had some good discussions on a few threads that aren’t fully captured in the doc yet, so I won’t re-hash those, but only call out a few things I noticed.

If that link is right, then Q3a and b are wrong (I cannot find the thread). There is absolutely no consensus that RY/RR name lists and pricing should be restricted in any way.  At best I suggested potentially finding a way to use TM-PDDRP for that, but SDRP doesn’t fit the use case at all. I guess it’s fine if we need to reflect this viewpoint, but I think the viewpoint of what is likely to be the whole of retail RYs and RRs should also be reflected and I’m troubled there is not even placeholder text for that  Was someone supposed to draft that?

Q4 better reflects the lack of consensus, though I think it’s still missing a basic “freedom to operate” perspective from RYs/RRs.

Q5a- text in orange might related to any of the subparts, but we should also note the business issues with forcing ROs to hold off on launching their TLDs for even longer, at a daily cost to themselves. This just defers cost to another party.

Q5(b)…there is no discussion on the doc so how can we close it?  But in the event I didn’t make my views clear before.  Sunrise should remain mandatory.  No either/or.

Q6a…Staff comment/note #2…  All RY zone files are updated daily.  I’m not sure where this recommendation came from.  I opposed comments 3-5 and I think there is good discussion on this thread.  No consensus, clearly.

Q8&12: no comments on the work Maxim and I submitted yet?

Q 9 : also good discussion on the thread that I won’t re-hash (and it looks like, I won’t have time to participate in).  But no consensus.

Q10 we asked and answered this.

Q11 Did we discuss this at all?

Sorry for my cursory thoughts, but I didn’t want the doc to be finalized yet and I can’t remember where we’re at.

Best,

Kristine