[Gnso-rpm-tmch] UPDATED Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat for RPM TMCH Sub team call 12 August 2016 15:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Fri Aug 12 17:36:51 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance, MP3 recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) TMCH Sub Team call held on Friday, 12 August 2016 at 15:00 UTC.
MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-tmch-12aug16-en.mp3
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-tmch-05aug16-en.mp3>

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the Sub Team wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/UwSbAw
Attendees RPM TMCH Sub Team:
Jeff Neuman
Kathy Kleiman
Kristine Dorrain
Susan Payne

On audio only:

None

Apologies:
Philip Corwin
Grace Muting’u
Robin Gross

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

David Tait

Berry Cobb

Michelle DeSmyter

Main RPM Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/rhiOAw

Sub Team Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/QAasAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle DeSmyter

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 12 August 2016:

Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the RPM TMCH sub team meeting on Friday, 12 August 2016 at 15:00 UTC.
  Jeff Neuman:Hello
  David Tait:Hi Jeff
  Jeff Neuman:having mic issues, so I will likely ust be listening and typing
  David Tait:Understood, we'll keep an eye on the caht
  David Tait:*chat
  Susan Payne:apologies for being slightly late!
  David Tait:no problem!
  Jeff Neuman:Wow....not alot of people
  Kristine:Sorry that the rest of my name and affiliation didn't make it into the Adobe Connect room.
  Kristine:Kristine Dorrain with Amazon Registry
  Mary Wong:Thanks, Kristine
  Jeff Neuman:FYI Susan and Kristine, I am on Adobe connect only and mic is not working, so I will be typing
  Kristine:Thanks Jeff
  Mary Wong:We have two Jeffs on the call now, Kristine and Susan :)
  Jeff Neuman 2:I got kicked out and restarted..but there is only 1 of me on
  David Tait:All good Kathy
  Jeff Neuman 2:ok...i joined on my phone now since I keep getting kicked out
  Susan Payne:Yeas - I agree Kristine
  Mary Wong:OK thanks Kristine
  Kathy:Hi All - in the conf room now!
  Kristine:yay
  Jeff Neuman:Hey Kathy!
  Susan Payne:great, hi Kathy
  Kathy:Hi All
  Kathy:where would we find the links to the data sources?  On our wiki?
  Mary Wong:We haven't put up all the links yet as we were trying to get the data out by today. We will!
  Kathy:Tx!
  Kathy:This is useful -- thank you.
  Jeff Neuman:Sorry for being silent...just reading through
  Kristine:Thanks Mary, very helpful.
  Kristine:I wonder what the best way is to gather all the questions that come to mind?  I have a stream of them running through my head now.  This exercise was very useful already.
  Mary Wong:Good idea, Susan - yes we can try to do a rough "match" for each time period we note across from each data point
  Mary Wong:@Kristine, just keep 'em coming - we'll track!
  Kristine:I like that question Jeff.
  Kristine:Interesting that 88% used a TM Agent...reflective of large brand owners participating more than smaller brand owners?
  Susan Payne:great thanks Mary
  Susan Payne:@Jaff - Analysis Report identified a couple of Registrars who received multiple claims notices at one time (significantly higher than everyone else)
  Susan Payne:but not named
  Jeff Neuman:thx
  Kristine:Agree, Kathy, I think correlating usage to the trend of delegations is going to be very helpful.
  Jeff Neuman:Yes, Kathy that is very early on as the first delegations were at the ebd of 2013
  Jeff Neuman:end
  Kathy:good questions
  Kristine:Point of convenience:  since we're going to be so actively using the data and the wiki, could staff liberally link to the wiki?  Feel free to just add a link whenever it occurs to you, in emails or reports.  :)
  Mary Wong:Will do, Kristine
  Mary Wong:I think that's right, Susan
  Susan Payne:excellent, thanks Mary
  Mary Wong:@Kristine, we've done some Google searches but not that specific one, so we will.
  Mary Wong:To be honest, there are lots of law firm memos and short articles describing the RPMs but not many (if any) that provide hard data or deep analysis (that we have found).
  Mary Wong:Ah, got it - ok, good guidance, thanks!
  Kathy:And there may be responses in the comment sections == after articles...
  Kristine:Yes
  Susan Payne:i think some of this anecdote might be in the comments submitted during the public comment to the staff report draft.  and/or on the preliminary issue report on the RPM review
  Mary Wong:@Susan, yes
  Kathy:Agreed!
  Susan Payne:I agree I think this has been really useful
  Kristine:Nothing from me thanks!
  Kathy:Good point - late afternoon/early evening on Friday night in Europe...
  Kristine:I wonder if the first time we come up with sexy data and a substantive list of questions people will jump back in.
  Mary Wong:Sexy data - I like that!
  Kristine:Agree Susan
  Mary Wong:@Susan, exactly
  Kathy:It could just be summer...
  Kathy:Fridays during the summer...
  Kristine:True
  Kathy:Hmmm
  Mary Wong:We will send the email to the list asking folks to confirm if they want to continue, as a first step
  Jeff Neuman:Thanks
  Mary Wong:Thanks Kristine
  Susan Payne:and maybe with an eyecatchig title :)
  Kristine:Thank you everyone!  Most productive.
  Mary Wong:Same time next week :)
  Jeff Neuman:thanka!
  Kathy:Tx you Mary and David!
  Kathy:And All!