[Gnso-rpm-tmch] Attendance & AC Chat Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) TMCH Sub Team 15 July 2016

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Fri Jul 15 17:13:46 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance, MP3 recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) TMCH Sub Team call held on Friday, 15 July 2016 at 15:00 UTC.

MP3:  <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-08jun16-en.mp3>   https://icann.box.com/shared/static/l8e2nlti8qrcj6ibypg43z1ykjrnymgc.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=zZ8xDDIU4PY795Cika7Nmy-2FNugFnAwo9az5qWXNwufR4fIHWNfZouRK9kK-2FSJu-2Focp6Tb6DcT8gZ0OkxX-2Ba-2B10uAgWtM5cePnq1ZylE30as-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmroMPdbuzB0MbGx8aEHrQfzDzE7rI6MmjAeRAyEJ7hvZBj6QrRxFUFdC8HfWV-2BwevQaSbh0DnCUaGeDuFCTMRayRlRzM-2BebNuEHENSKU3CiFDq60sw-2FMEivsiqVaqbK26CovTm2-2BBicH81CahcBCU0CWNO6XYQkvQBwJwexYqrrBXvNpssFFJ-2BDNJ3Qnoj1AYlqvZ2Vn26r9l9IKKnl00l1E4Sx1h4nLH-2F6IE1yZ8K35NOqD0G9b8R27gZoOUzfFMjwjOacbydniZ1fZh1EpXjgnq-2BC0r5YXgwRhBGD-2BMh-2FW>

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the Sub Team wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/UwSbAw
Attendees:
Vaibhav Aggarwal
Susan Payne
Kristine Dorrain
Jeff Neuman
Khouloud Dawahi
Phil Corwin
J. Scott Evans

Apologies:
Grace Mutung'u
Salvador Camacho Hernández

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Glen de Saint Gery

David Tait

Terri Agnew

Main RPM Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/rhiOAw

Sub Team Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/UwSbAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 15 July 2016:

  Terri Agnew:Welcome to the RPM TMCH sub team call held on Friday, 15 July 2016 at 15:00

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Hey

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:I know I am early

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:but was settling in on the desk

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:so thought itd b good

  Terri Agnew:Welcoem Vaibhav, no problem, this call will begin in approx 25 minutes

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Yup

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:can you send the Agenda Please

  Terri Agnew:Hi Vaibhav, it was just sent to the group. Please let me know if you don't see it.  (sent from Mary)

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Got it

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Thanks

  Mary Wong:For the GNSO, I believe the start date is still 3 November.

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Ramoji Film City

  glen de saint gery:Thanks so much for sharing Vaibhav! yes we will definitely call on you for tips! Thanks!

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL::-)

  Susan Payne:hello!

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Hello

  khoulouddawahi:hello

  Kristine Dorrain:Is there a loud buzzing?

  Mary Wong:OK sorry

  Mary Wong:Let me dial in instead

  Susan Payne:yes

  Kristine Dorrain:I had thought Kathy was chairing this subgroup?

  Terri Agnew:J Scott has joined on audio

  Kristine Dorrain:THanks for that Mary!

  khoulouddawahi: I thought kathy was chairing the subteam

  J. Scott Evans:I think the first order of business is for the team to pick a chair.

  Susan Payne:we don't really have all the group on the call so we will maybe need to select a chair on the email?  but agree it would be good to do promptly

  J. Scott Evans:I like that plan

  J. Scott Evans:yes

  Mary Wong:GAC request: "The GAC advises that this review should examine whether the aims, functionality and operation of the Clearinghouse would benefit from incorporating the current GAC proposals as well as any unforeseen questions and issues that may arise following the launch of the round. "

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Right - Can V Also collect Data w.r.t. TMCH presence in Diff regions / representations for Countries / areas

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:to closely work with the Govts.

  J. Scott Evans:I agree with Mary about the next meeting.

  Jeff Neuman:ok

  Susan Payne:sounds good

  khouloud Dawahi:yes

  khouloud Dawahi:yes I agree we need the data provided by the analysis group

  Kristine Dorrain:agree, Phil.  I don't see much benefit in a standalone prep call.

  Mary Wong:OK we will go ahead and schedule a 90 minute call for next Friday starting at 1500 UTC (subject to objections/concerns from other Sub Team members who are not on today's call)

  Susan Payne:noted :)

  Philip Corwin:agree with J Scott on that point

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Wikki for the Sub Team ?

  Terri Agnew:Sub Team wik space: https://community.icann.org/x/UwSbAw

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL::-) Thanx

  khouloud Dawahi:I have a question

  khouloud Dawahi:do you hear me

  khouloud Dawahi:i wanted to ask can we look in other documents about the rights protection mechanisms  for example  the international trademark association .I believe it is very important to rely on other documents .It is important to see critics even if they re not accurate but to see  from other prospectives

  khouloud Dawahi:thank you .

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Thanks

  David Tait:Thanks Mary

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Ciao