[Gnso-rpm-tmch] Attendance & AC Chat Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) TMCH Sub Team 22 July 2016

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Fri Jul 22 17:52:05 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance, MP3 recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) TMCH Sub Team call held on Friday, 22 July 2016 at 15:00 UTC.

MP3: https://icann.box.com/shared/static/e0lq21cycf332i2dqhs3fgfphovzqtam.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=zZ8xDDIU4PY795Cika7Nmy-2FNugFnAwo9az5qWXNwufRJsziyhXUrjxDNsYPSqmTQvF6cKiB33CiH-2FsW7ONlWlydCkcvMC8lYF6tNlTMqMkM-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmhrpQ7AaVRT5ticFKaiZbh8yK9-2BDbIz-2FV-2FPsLPvBqeCafjpBzr3q8ELJ8mUf51qqt1F1fu4nVd8G0HdH3GQ-2B8OX-2FDgHC-2BCsjEO9ie2vBS4R6DgWIGJTG965M-2BQgndDX-2FkX0cgKfeeCP9drTwQo-2F72BWKfYDKo6v2OcBld2PSeOMRIHWXdwpvitsXbewReopd1-2B9V-2B7Ho8NXdzgNCe8PJM-2BBsLRRvhO496KOi-2FfzVJDADP-2FpufJ0dd7q1QAphx64vsMdYyHEYphlsHC-2FK-2F9PqPcMrkqTZlDVyCnl8EuDHKUkF>

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the Sub Team wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/UwSbAw
Attendees:
Susan Payne
Khouloud Dawahi
Phil Corwin
Kathy Kleiman

Apologies:
Marina Lewis

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong
Antonietta Mangiacotti

David Tait

Terri Agnew

Main RPM Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/rhiOAw

Sub Team Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/UwSbAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 22 July 2016:

   Terri Agnew:Welcome to the RPM TMCH sub team call held on Friday, 22 July 2016

  khouloud Dawahi:hello everybody

  Philip Corwin:Hello. Who is running this meeting?

  khouloud Dawahi:yes

  khouloud Dawahi:i can hear youu

  Mary Wong:Susan we can hear you

  Mary Wong:Can you hear us?

  khouloud Dawahi:yes

  khouloud Dawahi:i agree with you mary

  Mary Wong:Susan can you hear me?

  khouloud Dawahi:mary we can hear you

  Philip Corwin:I can hear everyone

  Terri Agnew:I can hear you as well Mary

  susan payne:i think I have been cut off

  Mary Wong:I think so

  Philip Corwin:But I am on the phone, not Adobe audio

  Mary Wong:Susan can you dial back in?

  susan payne:i am trying to call back in

  Terri Agnew:Susan has joined audio

  khouloud Dawahi:yes

  khouloud Dawahi:yes we can hear you

  susan payne:yes

  khouloud Dawahi:can you talk louder please Antonietta

  khouloud Dawahi:can we coordinate more with the analysis group and where can we find their work please ?

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Kathy

  khouloud Dawahi:welcome kathy

  khouloud Dawahi:thank you mary

  khouloud Dawahi:hhhhhhhhhhhh

  susan payne:yes  - sorry got stuck on mute

  khouloud Dawahi:yes

  khouloud Dawahi:i have a point to add

  Mary Wong:@Khouloud, can you type it?

  Philip Corwin:Let's try to have a larger turnout if Greg will be biefing us.

  Mary Wong:@Phil, I hope so

  khouloud Dawahi:maybe a little bit irrelevant it might seem but it seems important for me

  khouloud Dawahi:Well i have a point to add.I was looking for insights about ICANN i wanetd some insights from an outsider to the system  I found a report about the RPM by google(i will share it in the mailinglist) .I  believe that while the ICANN work should be the primary source because it is more credible and accurate  .Yet I believe it is also important to try also to gather articles or inputs that are more of critics  of   the  clearing house for example ,just to  hint us where to look for flaws or reforms .Sometime when we are part of the system it becomes harder to detect flaws in contrast to a registrar or a third party  .I do not know if you agree with on that point

  khouloud Dawahi: I do not know if you agree with me *on that point ?

  susan payne:@Mary - maybe if there are interested members they can join us on the sub team :)

  susan payne:@Khouloud, I agree with you that we will want to see what other data is available

  khouloud Dawahi:thank you mary

  khouloud Dawahi:thanks susan .

  Kathy:Tx All - interesting call today!

  Kathy:Tx Antonietta for being with us.

  Kathy:Tx Mary!

  khouloud Dawahi:it would be good to share the deadlines t and maybe specific tasks

  Philip Corwin:Bye all

  khouloud Dawahi:Thank you all

  khouloud Dawahi:bye all

  David Tait:Thanks all!