[Gnso-rpm-tmch] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat for RPM TMCH Sub team meeting

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Fri Sep 9 23:01:24 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance, MP3 recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) TMCH Sub Team call held on Friday, 09 September 2016 at 15:00 UTC.
MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-tmch-09sep16-en.mp3
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-tmch-05aug16-en.mp3>

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the Sub Team wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/IRqsAw
Attendees RPM TMCH Sub Team:
Edward Morris
Jeff Neuman
Khouloud Dawahi
Kathy Kleiman
Kristine Dorrain
Kurt Pritz
Philip Corwin
Sarah Clayton
Susan Payne
Vaibhav Aggarwal

On audio only:

None

Apologies:
None

ICANN staff:
Antonietta Mangiacotti

David Tait

Michelle DeSmyter

Main RPM Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/rhiOAw

Sub Team Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/IRqsAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle DeSmyter

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 09 September 2016:

Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) TMCH Sub Team Meeting.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/IRqsAw
  Kathy:Hi All
  Michelle DeSmyter:Hello Kathy, welcome!
  Kathy:Hi Mcihelle, Happy Friday!
  David Tait:We'll give it one more minute before we start
  Michelle DeSmyter:You as well! :)
  Kurt Pritz:I am in the car using my hot spot connections, which might somewhat .... spotty
  Jeff Neuman:Hello all.....I am on Adobe, but only for about 15 minutes...then just on phone
  Kurt Pritz:I think there is little or no data that can be collected on nquestion umber 1 - as you point out
  Edward Morris:Thanks Susan.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome Vaibhav!
  Kurt Pritz:On question2: I think you identified the correct three "sub-questions" but the sub-questions aren't really asking for data
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:He Michelle
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry:Hi everyone.  I have been on the call for a few minutes, but now made it successfully online.
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:Sorry I have been trying to get in the room and I am not able to as Adobe is extreamly not working
  Vaibhav Aggarwal::-(
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:I am here now
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:also Dailed in
  Michelle DeSmyter:glad to have you both on - let me know if either of you run into any issues and I can certainly try to help
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry:Point of action: Under Data Gathering, add "Analysis Group report"
  Kurt Pritz:FOr example: with regard to claims, the specific data we might request is the abandoonment rate in claim vs abandonment after the claims period is over
  David Tait:Yes the document is unsynched
  Vaibhav Aggarwal::-)
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:Thanks
  David Tait:Yes we can hear you
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry:To Kurt's point, I received this anecdote from a Registry:  it is IDN domainмы.москва (xn--l1a4a.xn--80adxhks)was obtained by a person with interest in selling brick and mortar kind of goods (drills, concrete e.t.c.)when the word "мы" is translated from Russian to English as "we".Currently the website tends to be "social network" and in reality it just pumps some news in order to look valid.P.s: the gaining party neither known with any kind of product nor invented anything beyond using TMCH to obtain good generic word :)
  Jeff Neuman:I am dropping of of Adobe, but still on the call.
  Kurt Pritz:On 7: How many marks were rejected? What is a breakdown of the reasons?
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:@Kurt Break up could be Region wise
  Kurt Pritz:As an aside: It is telling that we, as "experts" cannot always understand the meaning of the charter question. An issue with many ICANN-related documents.
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:Its important as that is often bound by treaties of Validity
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:so the Importance of TMCH as a Service
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:is regional too in nature
  Kurt Pritz:I agree with Vaibhav that, when framing questions, we should always consider whether we ask for data by region or some other demographic
  Vaibhav Aggarwal::-)
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:+1 Kathy
  Kathy:Tx Kristine
  Kathy:Great, so good time to move to finalizing the questions we have??
  susan payne:ok
  Edward Morris:Makes sense to me.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry:Yes, I think that's good.
  David Tait:Just to note Susan has her hand up
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:@Michelle Please give the Document the rights to change View etc
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:its too small
  David Tait:thanks!
  Kurt Pritz:The sunrise data by TLD is confidential - so many registries are likely to say no.
  susan payne:thanks!
  Kurt Pritz:The TMCH might be able to give us masked sunrise data.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome Khouloud!
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:I guess we just want the numbers
  khouloud Dawahi:thanks Michelle  , i have just received the reminder for the call , sorry im late
  Philip Corwin:I believe that Bret was referring to their registrar function. That said, it's still useful info. And Kathy is right that other registries recruit major registrants, even if the acual registration is facilitated by a third party.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry:If we have to ask a question like this, I support Jeff's rephrasing.  An opinion question is not to give us useful data.
  Kathy:I think I am OK with Jeff's rephraising,b ut what I would recommendi, David, is that we strik
  Kathy:oops that was my old typing...
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:Thanks Guys
  Vaibhav Aggarwal:Excellent
  David Tait:Thanks!