[Gnso-rpm-trademark] Action Items for the Trademark Claims Sub Team Call - 9 June 2017

Rebecca Tushnet Rebecca.Tushnet at law.georgetown.edu
Thu Jun 15 01:46:03 UTC 2017

Yes, I would like to keep Q4 together.  Below I've tweaked a bit in
response to Kristine's comments, as I understood them.

Rebecca Tushnet
Georgetown Law
703 593 6759

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 7:47 PM, Rebecca Tushnet <
Rebecca.Tushnet at law.georgetown.edu> wrote:

> I think breaking this up is likely to make it harder to assess the current
> system versus the proposed system.  I think that Kristine's basic questions
> could be aggregated at the end, though I have a couple of notes, which are
> below my slightly revised version:
>
> Should the matching criteria for Claims be expanded?
>
> i.                    If so, how (what criteria) and why?
>
> a. What is the evidence of harm under the existing system?
>
> b. What unintended consequences might non-exact matches have?
>
> c. What is the feasibility of expanded matches?  E.g, if human input is
> required, who would be responsible for that input?  Who would pay for it?
> How would it affect the overall costs of the RPM system, and should users
> be allowed to choose whether to use (and pay for) expanded matches?  If
> automated matches are used, how will the automated procedure be developed,
> at what costs/timeline?
>
> ii.           If so, should the Claims notice change?
>
> a.       If so, how?
>
> b.       Should there be more than one type of Claims notice?

iii. If so, should the Claims period differ for exact and non-exact matches?
a. Is there evidence of different behavior with respect to exact and
non-exact matches over time?
b. What effects would having more than one Claims period have on different
stakeholder groups?
iv. If so, what entity should implement the non-exact matching?