[gnso-rpm-wg] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in all gTLDs PDP Working Group

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Dec 1 13:25:13 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in all gTLDs PDP Working Group call held on Wednesday, 30 November 2016 at 17:00 UTC. Attendance of the call is posted on agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/2pLDAw
MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-30nov16-en.mp3

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/rhiOAw[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_rhiOAw&d=DQMFAw&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jToEQaQXuFFKtg0zqRyRw0ebvG-56y3Gu0Ug_mxcL08&s=r83LoCGZhpiH6FDUojxtoVPpB04S_vMWo2QpujIc41M&e=>

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 30 November 2016:

   Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in all gTLDs PDP Working Group call on Wednesday, 30 November 2016 at 17:00

  Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_2pLDAw&d=DgICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=k76DdN1Gb_M6ujj6NlKRNshD-h6_d3_5TqL2xVWEBaE&s=0X4eVhVWx8o1JaHgeloL8TWljYwkhNAzRmGr9aLgacU&e=

  George Kirikos:Hi folks.

  Monica Mitchell:hi :-)

  George Kirikos:Hi Monica. How are you?

  Monica Mitchell:just fine. excited for our meeting :-)

  George Kirikos:The TMCH - lots of excitement. :-)

 George Kirikos:Looks like our attendance is a bit lower than usual today.

  Elizabeth Featherman:Hi everyone! Sorry I have a meeting at half past so I will drop off early but I look forward to today's call!

  Paul Tattersfield:Hello everyone

  George Kirikos:Welcome Paul and Elizabeth.

  Vinzenz Heussler:Hi everyone

  Greg Shatan:I also have a (different) meeting at half past, so will be dropping off early as well.

  George Kirikos:Hi Vinzenz.

  Philip Corwin:Good day all

  Mary Wong:Hi all - just a note that David T and I are having connectivity issues so please pardon us if we don't respond as quickly as we normally would

  George Kirikos:Fit width isn't working properly, hmmm.

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:and I am back

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:hi everyone

  Kathy Kleiman:@Mary: is there a summary documentary?

  Mary Wong:@Kathy, can you clarify your question?

  Kathy Kleiman:@Mary: we presented a document of recommended questions in Hyderabad

  Mary Wong:Yes - and these are captured in the document on screen. As noted on email, the questions displayed in HYD are for the first two categories, and the first question under the Balance category.

  George Kirikos:Here's a link to the document on the wiki https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_RARPMRIAGPWG_2016-2D11-2D30-2BReview-2Bof-2Ball-2BRights-2BProtection-2BMechanisms-2B-2528RPMs-2529-2Bin-2Ball-2BgTLDs-2BPDP-2BWG-3Fpreview-3D-252F63148762-252F63149936-252FTabulated-2BCategories-2B-2D-2BTMCH-2BQuestions-2B23-2BNov-2B2016.pdf&d=DgICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=k76DdN1Gb_M6ujj6NlKRNshD-h6_d3_5TqL2xVWEBaE&s=ZI-kMJgELvGYceWBIF_b43Ri4dM1PH3AzaiA7vMBx4s&e=

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:+1 Kathy

  Edward Morris:Agree with Kathy's synposis. We're close.

  George Kirikos:Dead audio from Mary here.

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello all, sorry for being bit late

  Mary Wong:Sorry for the awful audio, folks :(

  Kathy Kleiman:We can still hear you

  Georges Nahitchevansky:I can hear you

  Vaibhav Aggarwal 2:Nope

  Vaibhav Aggarwal 2:Need More time

  Mary Wong:@Vaibhav, what do you think we need extra time for?

  George Kirikos:Is it just questions for providers, or also questions for the community??

  Vaibhav Aggarwal 2:I guess Kathy is answering my question

  Mary Wong:The TMCH Provider questions, as clarified by the Sub Team, have been put into a single updated document and are good to go

  Vaibhav Aggarwal 2::-)

  Mary Wong:@George, just for the TMCH Providers

 Mary Wong:Similarly, the Sub Team developed questions that were sent to Registries and Registrars

  George Kirikos:Since some of the questions in the document are more suited to be targeted for community input. The TMCH has a conflict of interest in answering questions like "should there be multiple providers", etc.

  Mary Wong:@George, the document that was shown earlier is of the Charter questions - that's not the same questions that the Data Gathering Sub Team developed for the TMCH Providers.

  George Kirikos:Oh, ok.

  Kathy Kleiman:Sounds good - a final review of the TMCH Charter questions before we move on to addressing them.

  Kathy Kleiman:I think that was always the idea of the subgroup - agreed!

  Greg Shatan:I suppose we are operating on the "single reading" principle.  Some WGs have been operating on a "two-reading" principle, where nothing gets decided and sent out until it is covered in two meetings.

  Robin Gross:Really?  That seems odd.

  Mary Wong:@Greg, we will recirculate the Sub Team Charter questions to the full WG.

  George Kirikos:(FYI: Raised hands appear automatically at the top of the participants list; no need to scroll down)

  Mary Wong:Note that we are not talking about final documents for publication - and in any case the GNSO has traditionally not used a "two reading" principle, though of course the WG can choose to do so if it wishes.

  George Kirikos:Bye folks. Have a great day!

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):bye all

  Paul Tattersfield:bye everyone

  Georges Nahitchevansky:Bye everyone

  Robin Gross:Thanks, bye!

  Darcy Southwell:Thanks, bye.

  Vaibhav Aggarwal 2:Play Well and enjoy ciao

  Monica Mitchell:thanks