[gnso-rpm-wg] PDDRP topics -- limitation period to bring a PDDRP

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed Jul 20 17:49:32 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I don't think this was brought up before yet in the context of the
PDDRP, but perhaps it can be added to the list of topics.

It would be very odd if complainants were allowed to bring a PDDRP for
a matter that was not able to be brought by them in a court of law,
because it was barred by the relevant statute of limitations. I think
amending the PDDRP to explicitly add a time limit for bringing a PDDRP
would make sense, to handle this situation. 2 years would be a
suitable limit, in my opinion, and would help ensure that complaints
are brought in a timely fashion.

Thoughts?