[gnso-rpm-wg] Action items and updated document following the WG call on 20 July 2016

J. Scott Evans jsevans at adobe.com
Wed Jul 27 20:52:58 UTC 2016

Thanks Mary.

J. Scott Evans | Associate General Counsel - Trademarks, Copyright, Domains & Marketing |

Adobe

345 Park Avenue

San Jose, CA 95110
408.536.5336 (tel), 408.709.6162 (cell)
jsevans at adobe.com<mailto:jsevans at adobe.com>

www.adobe.com

From: <gnso-rpm-wg-bounces at icann.org<mailto:gnso-rpm-wg-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org<mailto:mary.wong at icann.org>>
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 1:50 PM
To: "gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org<mailto:gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org>" <gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org<mailto:gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org>>
Subject: Re: [gnso-rpm-wg] Action items and updated document following the WG call on 20 July 2016

Thanks, Brian and J. Scott. As the Working Group continues to discuss an appropriate term for this concept as well as additional details that may be needed, an immediate Action Item the group can also consider is asking the Providers to clarify whether the concept of consolidation in each of their Supplemental Rules: (1) extends to the filing of joint complaints by different trademark holders against the same registry (or not); and (2) applies only to a situation where the same complainant files multiple complaints against the same registry (or more broadly).

Seeking such clarification could then allow the Working Group to consider – assuming there is consensus that such an option should be added – whether this would involve an amendment to the Procedure and/or the Rules, or if a clarifying guidance document would be more appropriate. Staff notes at this point for the record that there has not yet been a consensus call on the advisability of adding such an option.

Cheers