[gnso-rpm-wg] GNSO RPM Working Group Introductions/SOI

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 29 20:06:12 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Me being Theo Geurts, working for a Registrar in the Netherlands called
Realtime Register B.V.

This might be a tiny suprise for this group (after reading all your
SOI's), I am no lawyer, nor do I have a legal background ;)

But as a Registrar, I had my fair share, dealing with UDRP's since 2009
and sure enough, the Registrants who are usually very confused when they
are "hit" by a UDRP.

Though the UDRP is in general working very well, there also seems to be
a disconnect with underdeveloped regions, where the domain name owners
have actually no clue how to act or how to defend themselves.  And I
guess that goes to a certain extent for the developed regions where the
less informed or less educated or less legal informed registered domain
name holder has a disadvantage compared to the plaintiff.

Furthermore, I hope when we look at an operational level, I hope we can
also improve the entire process.

I was also involved in IRTP-D, a policy where registrars can get an
ICANN approved dispute provider involved when it comes to domain
transfers that might or might not have been illegal.

My SOI and other fun stuff can be read at:
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Theo+Geurts+SOI

Looking forward to be working with you all.

Cheers!

Theo Geurts | Compliance & Policy Officer

Realtime Register B.V.

Ceintuurbaan 32A
8024 AA - ZWOLLE - The Netherlands

T: +31.384530759