[gnso-rpm-wg] Call for RSVPs: GNSO Working Group Newcomer Open House Session | 5 April 2016 at 20:00 UTC

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Mar 30 20:04:38 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

If you’re new to the GNSO or ICANN, or have never participated in a GNSO Policy Development Process or Working Group – or indeed, even if you are a veteran but would like to brush up on your knowledge – you’re strongly encouraged to consider signing up for this session. We realize that the time may be problematic for some members and observers, so we will post the slides and a recording after the session. We also conduct these sessions periodically, so while joining one early on in a Working Group’s lifecycle is arguably the most beneficial, you will receive additional announcements at future points in time as well.

In terms of scheduling the first Working Group call, staff will work with Phil Corwin, our interim Chair, to set this up following the Open House session. Please note that the suggested Reading Materials listed at the end of Nathalie’s message (below) are also those that Working Group participants are expected to be familiar with when the group kicks off. These will be posted to our Working Group wiki space, along with other Background Materials that are relevant to the scope of work of our group.

I’d like to take this opportunity also to remind members who have not yet done so to submit or update (as applicable) their Statement of Interest (SOI), which is a requirement for GNSO Working Group participation. You can create or update a SOI from this webpage: https://community.icann.org/x/c4Lg.

Finally, I’d like to remind everyone that all Working Group email postings, discussions and meetings, whether conducted online or face to face, are governed by ICANN’s Expected Standards of Behavior, which Working Group chair(s) are authorized to enforce: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/expected-standards-2012-05-15-en.

Thanks again to everyone for signing up for this Working Group.

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director