[gnso-rpm-wg] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in all gTLDs PDP WG 18 May 2016

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Wed May 18 18:08:04 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in all gTLDs PDP Working Group call held on Wednesday, 18 May 2016 at 16:00 UTC.

MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-18may16-en.mp3
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-18may16-en.mp3

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-18may16-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/9weOAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle DeSmyter

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 18 May 2016:

 Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome to the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in all gTLDs PDP Working Group call held on Wednesday, 18 May 2016.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Meeting wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/9weOAw
  Michelle DeSmyter:Create GNSO SOI page: https://community.icann.org/x/c4Lg
  George Kirikos:Hi everyone.
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Namaskar & Greetings Evenryone
  Elliot Silver:Hello all
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Busy Day today - New Delhi Touched almost 48 Degrees C today :-(
  Ivett Paulovics:Good afternoon from Italy
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Everybody
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:The Adobe Connect has been having connectivity issues, I identified it is becuase the connected server it is hosted is very slow and data exchange is not happening.
  George Kirikos:I've had that issue for over a year, where you sometimes have to refresh the browser (Ctrl-R), in case you can't connect to Adobe Connect on a first try.
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Ha ha ha
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:god one
  George Kirikos:LOL I guess J. Scott can complain internally.
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):now we lost adobe audio
  George Kirikos:I like using the telephone audio, as it's more reliable, Maxim.
  George Kirikos:(see the dial-in details in the meeting invitations)
  George Kirikos:I think we lost over half the regular members, once they found out UDRP won't be discussed until 2018.
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Thats the best bet - Just send it to the list
  Petter Rindforth:@George. ha, ha, you are probaly right
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:UDRP is so commercial !!!
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:THere is so much here
  George Kirikos:@Petter The workhorses remain, while the "show ponies" take a break. :-)
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Just download a small tool "CCCLEANER" to clean the Cache
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:on Mac that is
  Steve Levy:Just got in
  George Kirikos:Now it appears to be fixed.
  Susan Payne Valideus:hello!
  Graham Schreiber:Graham Schreiber. In thanks.
  George Kirikos:Welcome to all the latecomers.
  catherine.douglas:finally connected!  thanks!!
  George Kirikos:We haven't started, so nothing has been missed.
  catherine.douglas:Nice that we are all THRILLED to be connected, finally!  :)
  Ankur Raheja:Hello All
  Grace Mutung'u:Hi everyone
  Philip Corwin:@George--you were incorrect/lots of members interested in new gTLD RPMs ;-)
  Paul Tattersfield:Sorry I'm late
  George Kirikos:@Yep, I guess we have more "workhorses" after all! :-) Nice to see.
  George Kirikos:@Philip, even.
  Graham Schreiber:<Question>  Why is UDRP not until January 2018?
  Ivett Paulovics:If I understood well to TMCH 15 meeting will be dedicated. How many will be dedicated to URS?
  Mary Wong:@J Scott, that makes sense - thanks. We will touch base with that WG and the support staff accordingly.
  George Kirikos:Ouch.
  Philip Corwin:UDRP is after new gTLF RPMs for two primary reasons-1)to best coordinate with WG on new gTLD Subsequent procedures, 2) to see if we make any alterations in the new gTLD RPMs before considering if they should become Consensus Policies in phase 2
  George Kirikos:Wasn't it also a part of the charter of this PDP, that review of new TLD RPMs came first?
  Susan Payne Valideus:ok, sorry i have issues
  Marina Lewis:Hi Everyone!  I just joined...
  Mary Wong:To add to Phil's point, the two phased PDP with the UDRP occurring in Phase 2 was directed by the GNSO Council and enshrined in our Charter. The Work Plan just gives current estimates for how long we believe pHase One will take.
  Philip Corwin:Yes George, but those are th reasons underlying that Charter decision
  George Kirikos:Susan is typing, so it's pending.
  Susan Payne Valideus:just a comment on the timing.  I am encouraged that the timing can change as we set about our work - it seems to me that some of these timescales are quite long.  PDDRP for example just to take one.  Surely it won't take us that long to review given that it has not been used?
  Philip Corwin:@Susan--we can adfjust the Plan as we go along to reflect the actual time used on a matter
  Susan Payne Valideus:noted - thanks J Scott
  Philip Corwin:It is scrollable
  Petter Rindforth:It is
  George Kirikos:It works again.
  Steve Levy:You're very welcome. I noticed a missing "a" at the top of the second page in the sentence "a list entitled “List Of Potential Issues..."
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL::-)
  Cyntia King:I'm relatively new to the process, so perhaps this is typical.My question is whether we couldn't shorten the letter?
  Cyntia King:We're asking (3) questions in a page-and-a-half long letter.
  Renee Reuter:Would it make sense, for Question 2, to list each of the RPMs included in Phase one, with comments following each
  Susan Payne Valideus:does the letter include a copy of the charter questions -I assume so?
  Mary Wong:@Cyntia, as the SO/AC/SG/C charis get a lot of emails, it makes sense to have some explanoatry/reminder text of the purpose of the leter.
  Philip Corwin:@Susan--it has a link to the Charter
  Susan Payne Valideus:ah, thnaks
  Denise Michel:how will this be cir circulated?
  Petter Rindforth:There are a number of links at the beginning, in order to show where to find further information without encreasing the number of pages in the outreach letter itself
  Philip Corwin:@Denise -- I believe it is sent to the SO and AC heads, and they in turn distribute to SGs and Cs
  Cyntia King:@Mary Wong, I understand a brief explanation, frankly, however, the shortere the letter, the more likely recipient's are to read it.
  Susan Payne Valideus:or 42 days as that wuld be a usual public comment timeperiod - again with the knowledge that we might extend to 60?
  Graham Schreiber:<Question> To NeuStar & Phil.   NTIA appointed NeuStar to manage .US for Domestic Use, why do they let CentralNic  Infringe, Dilute & Blurr  the "local" ccTLD of .US by .US.com ?
  Susan Payne Valideus:apologies about my terrible typos.
  Greg Shatan:Since this is only going to SO/AC/SG/C groups, I think it will get read and responded to.
  Mary Wong:The minimu prescribed period is 35 days
  Denise Michel 2:can we also post in public comment to further raise awareness?
  Cyntia King:Thanks, J Scott:  consistency of messaging I understand.
  Graham Schreiber:Hi Phil  & Greg > Please answer, why .US is Harmed within USA by CentralNichttp://www.neustar.us/ustld-stakeholder-council/ustld-stakeholder-council-minutes-december-14-2015/
  George Kirikos:+1 to Denise's suggestion.
  Philip Corwin:@Graham--Not agreeing or disagreeing with your characterization of CentralNic activity, I have no idea what NTIA's or Neustar's view of them is
  Cyntia King:Respectfully, may I request that we limit comments & messaging to the subject matter on the Agenda?
  Mary Wong:ICANN57 will be from Nov 3-9
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Nov-3-09 Hyderabad
  Lars Hoffmann:here is the blog post: https://www.icann.org/news/blog/relocating-icann57
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Official Calender is yet to be updated
  Mary Wong:This is part of the new ICANN meeting strategy - it will be a 7-day meeting
  George Kirikos:I think it's the ICANN56 (i.e. Helsinki = 56).
  Greg Shatan:Link to blog on ICANN 57 relocation, posted yesterday: https://www.icann.org/news/blog/relocating-icann57
  Graham Schreiber:Thanks Phil..   So CentralNic can undermine & harm United States enterprises wihin the USA, between both NTIA's  VeriSign .COM Registry and  NeuStar .US the Domestic / Local ccTLD for America?
  Philip Corwin:@Graham -- Excuse me but i am trying to focus on the current topic of discussion, which is not CentralNic
  Kristine Dorrain (Amazon Registry):Mary, is the intent to invite a sort of public mic in that session then?
  Graham Schreiber:Fair enough: However ICANN needs to enfore RAA on CentralNic; because the NTIA said "no disparate treatment" in MoU w ICANN.
  Mary Wong:@Kristine, more or less - but structured, obviously,and led/faciltated by the co-chairs
  Kristine Dorrain (Amazon Registry):Thanks, Mary!
  Graham Schreiber:Therefore:   CentralNic need to have their "Rights" to undermine Lanham Act > within USA's  .COM & .US  <  by ICANN immediatly.
  Susan Payne Valideus:@Graham, please will you stop - this is not the topic under discussion and you are very distracting
  Kristine Dorrain (Amazon Registry):Could you zoom that in a bit?
  George Kirikos:Or make it scrollable (and we can then zoom it ourselves).
  Graham Schreiber:I'm not speaking here as a "Canadian" .   I'm asking because ICANN is complicit in harming USPTO TM's that have R, within the USA.
  Mary Wong:Schedule document is unsync'ed
  Cyntia King:The constant cross-chat is extremely distracting.
  Philip Corwin:Graham--the Co-Chairs and staff are receiving multiple mesages from other WG members stating that they find your constant messages regarding CentralNic to be distracting and disruptive.
  Cyntia King:Will it be acceptable to reach out to community members directly by participants to elicit their comments?
  Mary Wong:1 June
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Should be 1600UTC
  Graham Schreiber:OK.  That's fine.   the problem only arose when Sarah Deutch was on the DNSO and wanted to know why CentralNic was messing with .COM
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:3rd
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:4th
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:as we are skipping
  George Kirikos:Right, count only actual meetings, not "skipped" meetings.
  Mary Wong:OK thanks J Scott
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:ok
  George Kirikos:Otherwise, the summer might be problematic.
  George Kirikos:(winter in the southern hemisphere) :-)
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:@JScott - Can the Invites sent out as er the calender ? Now
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:in Advance
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:so that scheduling is easier
  Mary Wong:And the TMCH as well
  Mary Wong:@Vaibhav, the notices are sent out in both calendar invitations and ics attachments.
  George Kirikos:Data might include stuff from the DRP provider, as to its terms, pricing for the dispute, etc? (even though it hasn't been used)
  Steve Levy:Thanks all
  Denise Michel 2:thank you jay
  Jay Chapman:thanks, all
  George Kirikos:Bye everyone.
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Tnx but need them inAdvance
  Susan Payne Valideus:thanks J Scott
  Robin Gross:Thanks, J. Scott and all - bye!
  Paul Tattersfield:thanks all
  Graham Schreiber:Thanks!
  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:thanks
  Georges Nahitchevansky:Bye everyone