[gnso-rpm-wg] Notes and actions from RPMs meeting 5 October 2016

David Tait david.tait at icann.org
Thu Oct 6 08:57:10 UTC 2016

Dear All


Please find below the notes and actions arising from yesterday’s meeting of the RPMs Working Group. The meeting focused on continuing the review of the Charter questions and those questions which arose at ICANN56 in Helsinki. 



Question 5: To begin "Should" rather than "How should"; and possibly a "If so, how?" be added at the end


Question 10: Could be recast to also focus on small businesses/holders of limited numbers of mark holders. Consider that this may be a matter for the new gTLDs WG.


Additional questions: 


Should the TMCH database be entirely public?


Is it practical to have more than one TMCH provider?  [ADD TO HELSINKI Q4]


ACTION: Co-Chairs to discuss and propose mechanism for WG to work on clarifying the questions and where necessary expand into sub-components. Initial proposal for a sub-team led by J Scott Evans to lead this activity and Paul Tattersfield volunteered to participate.


Kind regards,




David A. Tait

Policy Specialist (Solicitor qualified in Scotland)

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)


Mobile: + 44-7864-793776

Email:  david.tait at icann.org 


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/attachments/20161006/03328cdd/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 4715 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/attachments/20161006/03328cdd/smime-0001.p7s>

More information about the gnso-rpm-wg mailing list