[gnso-rpm-wg] Action Items, Slides and Notes from the Working Group call held earlier today

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Tue Apr 11 13:06:49 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Jon Nevett <jon at donuts.co> wrote:
> That one is not a smoking gun.  It is a legitimate registration by a legitimate entity.

So, let me get this straight. Are you saying that if my company went
out and registered a TM in some obscure jurisdiction like Tunisia, for
the brand MATH, in the goods and services of "math education", used
that mark in the TMCH to register MATH.TLD domains ahead of every
other competitor in the math industry during sunrise, and then
redirected the resulting domains to Math.com, that would be a
"legitimate registration by a legitimate entity"?

I think most people would say "George, you gamed the system." and rightly so.