[gnso-rpm-wg] SOLICITING TMCH PROPOSALS --- RE: Agenda and documents for Wednesday Working Group meeting (12 April)

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Tue Apr 11 16:32:51 UTC 2017

Phil:

With respect, this timeline is too short, given that we've not even
had answers/data to this working group's questions returned from
Deloitte. e.g. just last week I specifically asked for the top 500
terms (not just the top 10), and I had asked for that prior to last
week (i.e. during the Copenhagen calls in March). Other answers/data
have not been provided, either (e.g. ICANN has the right to audit
Deloitte's financials, to see if the fees to TMCH
applicants/registries are reasonable, etc.), or the entire table of
questions, etc. that was prepared that sought out relevant data.

Proper order is: Data first, then analysis of the data, then proposals
for changes, then conclusions.

We can't go straight to proposals and then conclusions, without having
received back all the data that this working group's members have
requested.

At some point, this PDP will have public comment periods, and the
public comments will be able to say "you didn't do the work, didn't
collect the data, refused to look for data, refused to analyze the
data, refused to accept the conclusions that flowed from the data",
etc. This PDP should be sensitive to that, and actually do the work,
instead of pretending to do the work to support a predetermined
(rigged) outcome of "no change to the status quo" that some people
seem to feel should happen, despite evidence identifying numerous
problems.

This is probably going to be one of the most scrutinized PDPs in
ICANN's history --- let's do the work so that its reports/conclusions
can stand up to scrutiny.