[gnso-rpm-wg] Action Items, Slides and Notes from the Working Group call held earlier today

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Tue Apr 11 18:10:04 UTC 2017

By that argument, all the HOTEL.TLD and HOTELS.TLD domain names
registered by Dirk, or all the other examples by "domain name
speculators" abusing the sunrise periods could have just as easily
have been bought by those registrants legitimately as "premium
domains" too! The registry operators were "too smart" to let
Flowers.TLD go through in sunrise to 1-800-Flowers.com, without a
premium sale, but were "too dumb" and let all those other desirable
names slip through the cracks to be registered by "speculators".
Implausible.

So, by Georges' argument "we'll just never know" the truth, because it
can be explained away by some unlikely scenarios, and we shouldn't dig
any deeper, because this working group (or the positions of some
members) is better off in ignorance of the truth. Perhaps some people
can't handle the truth.

"See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_wise_monkeys

We shouldn't be turning a blind eye to what's wrong, but instead, as
Bret suggested, use all the brain power here to fix things.