[gnso-rpm-wg] SOLICITING TMCH PROPOSALS --- RE: Agenda and documents for Wednesday Working Group meeting (12 April)

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Tue Apr 11 22:56:10 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 6:21 PM, J. Scott Evans <jsevans at adobe.com> wrote:
> I am not sure “personal data” is anything other than PII NOT which marks are actually registered in the database.

That's not correct. See:

http://www.trademark-clearinghouse.com/content/privacy-notice

"INFORMATION WE COLLECT

We will collect and process your Personal Data, including your name,
the name of your organization, your contact information, ***** your
trademark information******, whether you are a Trademark Holder or
Trademark Agent, your payment information and any other information
necessary to effectuate the purposes of the Trademark Clearinghouse."

(emphasis added)

I'd like to see the contracts between ICANN & IBM (TMCH provider) and
Deloitte (validator) to see exactly what they say. (redacted, if need
be, with redactions justified by something), to answer this
"confidentiality" claim. [I can file a DIDP request, but let's not
waste a month] The public  privacy policy of Deloitte seems to differ
from what TM owners are saying. I think I asked already to see it (at
least the one for Deloitte), around the time I posted about that Fadi
Chehade blog post (which revealed ICANN's ability to audit, etc.).
Does anyone have a problem with our group seeing those 2 contracts?