[gnso-rpm-wg] Recommendation for Question#10 (Appropriate Strings for Notification)

Paul Keating paul at law.es
Thu Apr 20 18:05:30 UTC 2017

 Michael,

I cannot agree to your proposed expansion.

"The TMCH Rules should be revised to require Trademark Claims Notices be issued not only for Domain Names that consist of the Exact string of TMCH Trademarks, but also of any Domain Name that includes anywhere in the string the Exact string of TMCH Trademarks."

Not only does this continue the flaky that the inclusion of a trademarked string within a larger domain registration string, is per se confusion.

 This would also  led to numerous nonsensical notices such as:

The mark: "BOB's Red Barn" triggering notices for any combination of the above.

Sent from my iPad