[gnso-rpm-wg] Critique of INTA survey

claudio di gangi ipcdigangi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 21:49:18 UTC 2017

I agree with Kristine.

George,

Are you aware of other surveys commissioned on the costs imposed by the new
gTLD program that we can review?

Personally, I believe the responsibility of conducting this falls on ICANN,
since ICANN is the organization that has responsibility over coordinating
the DNS, introducing new gTLDs, and for the aftermath that follows.

Has the Board directed that these studies be commissioned? If not, why not?
The organization has known about these issues for a long time, in fact, the
call for economic study was one of the main issues identified during
implementation of the program.

In my view, INTA and those who expended the time and energy to complete
this work, should be commended for taking on this substantial and complex
task.

Mary's note described the context of this work, and Lori stated that
feedback and constructive criticism is both welcome and encouraged.

As a result, I am confident we are following the right path.

Best,
Claudio