[gnso-rpm-wg] [Ext] RE: Second table summarizing TMCH Charter questions, relevant input and potential follow up

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Feb 7 19:06:19 UTC 2017

Hello Massimo and everyone,

The topic of geographical indications may be something the Working Group can discuss following up with Deloitte about. What you see in the table is the exact text of the response that was received from Deloitte. - note, however, that it was not in response to a specific question about geographical indications, since that was not something we had asked them. The specific question to which that answer was provided related to the number of “[o]ther marks that constitute intellectual property and meet a registry's individual requirements" (for comparison with court-validated and registered marks).

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Mary