[gnso-rpm-wg] [renamed] Geographic indications

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Wed Feb 8 16:23:45 UTC 2017

Massimo,

Tx you for posting information about Geographic Indications. Others
responded privately to share that they see geographic terms and
indicators in the TMCH Database - some of which are coming from
design/style/figurative marks (linking TMCH charter questions 7 and 8).

Specifically, John Berryhill shares that registrants he works with have
received TM Claims Notices for:

- Munich  ---
https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/register/3020130626206/DE

- Muenchen   ---
https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/register/3020130626192/DE

- Munchen  ---
https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/register/3020130626214/DE

- Tahiti  - French trademark

-  Ireland -- UK trademark

He notes that the registrants were using the domain names in
geographically descriptive ways.

Best, Kathy