[gnso-rpm-wg] [renamed] Geographic indications

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Wed Feb 8 17:36:04 UTC 2017

Tx you for all the responses. Geographic indications, geographic
indicators and geographic names all seem to be subject to range of uses
- both ordinary definitions and terms of art.  I think the larger point
is that people are putting into the TMCH Database geographic terms that
may have wide-ranging ramifications - including becoming part of block
lists.

We now have some evidence of actual cases and uses. I look forward to
exploring the ramifications, impacts, and perhaps unintended
consequences, with the Working Group.

Best, Kathy