[gnso-rpm-wg] Inferences (was Re: Mp3, Attendance, AC recording & AC Chat Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) PDP Working Group)

Nahitchevansky, Georges ghn at kilpatricktownsend.com
Mon Jul 17 15:11:55 UTC 2017

George K:

You need to read my emails more carefully, as you misstate what I have said in the past.  Look I get it that you want to get rid of sunrise and claims.  Your justifications, however, do not hold up.  Cybersquatting is a problem and it costs brand owners, law enforcement, consumers etc. a bunch of money every year.  This is not about being alarmist, but stating a fact that there are real costs involved.  I know you want to pretend they do not exist.  That's your choice, but I do not agree. When you have folks that basically want to sweep that reality under the rug, you have to point out those costs and the ultimate benefits of having sunrise and claims RPMs.