[gnso-rpm-wg] FOR REVIEW: Updated Trademark Claims document

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Thu Jul 20 23:29:42 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Please find attached an updated version of the Trademark Claims document that was discussed on the Wednesday call. In addition to the new substantive edits that were made, based on the Action Items numbered 1, 2 and 3 from Amr’s notes (below), you will see the following changes:

  *   We have removed the previous highlighting (since all the comments from ICANN59, which were highlighted previously, have already been discussed by the Working Group), and have highlighted (in yellow) only those new additions and edits from the call this week.

  *   We have, however, retained most of the comments from either the last Sub Team call or the community discussions at ICANN59, in order to present a more complete picture of where the discussions stand currently.

  *   In a few instances, we have placed what were previously comments (annotated in comment boxes and brought to the WG’s attention during the Wednesday discussion) into the main text. These include incorporating the IDN-related suggestions from Amadeo Abril from ICANN59 and rephrasing certain questions in light of specific requests directed toward further refining those particular questions. Where this has been done, we have indicated as much in a comment box.

We hope you find the updates useful. Please review the updated document – as well as the updated document for Sunrise (circulated on Friday 14 July) – and provide your comments to this email list for further discussion. In the meantime, staff will continue to work with the co-chairs to develop a proposal for handling the various data collection requests, and update the Open TMCH Questions poll in accordance with the last Action Item (#4) from the Wednesday call.

Thanks and cheers
Mary