[gnso-rpm-wg] Correction to UDRP data on 2-June TM Claims Sub-Team call

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 19:51:49 UTC 2017

There are actually a plethora of alternative dispute resolution systems in
place in different industry sectors.  Many of them are non-governmental in
nature (in addition, there are various administrative proceedings that are
more lightweight and targeted than civil litigation).  The UDRP is not
unique (nor are we supposed to be talking about the UDRP this year) -- it's
not even unique in the domain world where many ccTLDs have adopted similar
DRPs (and some not so similar ).  For instance, in the US, false
advertising disputes can be brought to the National Advertising Division
(NAD) of the Better Business Bureau.  Complaints about stockbrokers can go
to an SEC administrative proceeding. Etc.

As far as what's being "proved" by the "math":  Mark Twain once said, there
are three kinds of lies; lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Have a great weekend, all!

Greg