[gnso-rpm-wg] FW: TMCH data on abandonment

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Mon Jun 12 17:23:55 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org> wrote:
> Because it has been difficult to obtain data from registries and registrars for these and other reasons, considering how to minimize the concerns of these contracted parties in relation to data disclosure may be one topic for the Working Group to discuss after the Sunrise and Trademark Claims Sub Teams make their final suggestions about data collection to the full Working Group.

Late last week (in case you missed it) I pointed out that we actually
do have data available in the monthly registry reports that could be
used to do "event studies", to determine if the behaviour of various
metrics change after the TM Claims notice period ends, see:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/2017-June/002112.html
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/2017-June/002113.html
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/2017-June/002115.html

While not identical to the consumer metrics at the registrar level, it
can still help identify whether the TM Claims are having an impact, by
studying correlated statistics.