[gnso-rpm-wg] FOR INFORMATION: Letter from trademark scholars and information on Deloitte Ancillary Services

Silver, Bradley Bradley.Silver at timewarner.com
Tue Mar 28 20:19:29 UTC 2017

Paul,

So in the name of transparency, you'd like to see the TMCH opened so that you can conduct a purge of any registrations that offend you?   You keep making this point about "exclusive global rights", but we both know that's inaccurate.  If what you are concerned about is the underlying policy which has led to an "offending" TMCH registration in the first place, then you don’t need a list of everything in the TMCH to complain about that.   Rather, those who are calling for transparency are on a mission to find evidence that will support their claim that the TMCH is imbalanced, and chills otherwise valid registrations.    I'm sorry if you can't find sufficient evidence to support this theory, but perhaps that's because its wrong.

Bradley