[gnso-rpm-wg] Deadline for proposals and agenda for the next Working Group call
mary.wong at icann.org
Fri May 12 18:13:21 UTC 2017
On behalf of the Working Group co-chairs, this note is being sent to inform you that the co-chairs would like to bring the discussions on the various open questions relating to the TMCH to a close within a reasonable period of time. This will allow us to move on to the next part of Phase One of our work, which will be to review the Sunrise and Trademark Claims RPMs. As such, please note that the co-chairs are asking that any proposal you may wish to submit on the TMCH review – including any refinement of a previously-submitted proposal and especially relating to the ongoing discussion on design marks, GIs and expanding the “identical match” test – should be sent to this mailing list no later than Wednesday 24 February 2017.
For the next Working Group meeting, scheduled for Wednesday 17 May, here is the proposed agenda:
1. Roll call (via Adobe Connect and phone bridge only); updates to Statements of Interest
2. Progress reports from the chairs of the Sunrise and Trademark Claims Sub Teams
3. Continue discussion of open TMCH questions:
· Geographical Indications (with the opportunity for Jonathan Agmon or his designee to present his proposal, being the only proposal that has not yet been presented to the group at a meeting)
· Expanding the “identical match” test
· [if time permits Design marks
4. Next steps/next meeting
Please note also that there will not be a Working Group meeting the following Wednesday, 24 May, since many Working Group members will be at the International Trademark Association Annual Meeting.
Thanks and cheers
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gnso-rpm-wg