[gnso-rpm-wg] Deadline for proposals and agenda for the next Working Group call

icannlists icannlists at winston.com
Tue May 16 12:30:19 UTC 2017

I do not support Jonathan’s proposal.

This PDP needs to move forward, not backward.  We have already discussed Question #8 for weeks and we have waited for weeks for the Agmon proposal to surface on a call where it can be discussed.  It has not and there appears to be a request for several more weeks. A PDP can’t function like this where a dissenting position is supposed to arrive at any time, doesn’t, asks for postponement after postponement, and eventually asks the that the WG undo its work and push that already done work out for several month only to redo it then.  Postponing reaching an initial conclusion for months, and reopening it up again, will cost us weeks, if not months.  While I am all for allowing all voices to be heard, those voices do need to speak with some measure of alacrity that is consistent with the Workplan.

I think it is time to reach an initial conclusion on Q8, and let’s move on.  We have lots more work to do.

Best,
Paul