[gnso-rpm-wg] Deadline for proposals and agenda for the next Working Group call
Paul at law.es
Wed May 17 17:02:41 UTC 2017
I will be late as I am currently on a client call that has not yet
From: <gnso-rpm-wg-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Massimo Vittori
<Massimo at origin-gi.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 6:59 PM
To: Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>, URS - Uniform Rapid Suspension
System - MFSD <urs at mfsd.it>
Cc: "gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org" <gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org>, gnso-secs
<gnso-secs at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [gnso-rpm-wg] Deadline for proposals and agenda for the next
Working Group call
> All, I can't attend today's call but please note that I support Claudio's
> proposed approach.
> Best, Massimo
> From: Greg Shatan <mailto:gregshatanipc at gmail.com>
> Sent: 17.05.2017 18:34
> To: URS - Uniform Rapid Suspension System - MFSD <mailto:urs at mfsd.it>
> Cc: gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org; gnso-secs <mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>
> Subject: Re: [gnso-rpm-wg] Deadline for proposals and agenda for the next
> Working Group call
> I think we need to divorce the question of (1) what goes into the Trademark
> Clearinghouse from (2) whether Geographical Indications as a category of
> Intellectual Property should be granted rights protection mechanisms.
> We should deal with the first one now. The first is addressed by both Paul
> and Kathy, though quite differently.
> I believe that the second is within the scope of this WG, but should be
> discussed later, since it is not a question about the TMCH at all.
> Greg Shatan
> C: 917-816-6428
> S: gsshatan
> gregshatanipc at gmail.com <mailto:gregshatanipc at gmail.com>
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:19 PM, URS - Uniform Rapid Suspension System - MFSD
> <urs at mfsd.it> wrote:
>> I am very sorry, but I can not attend today¹s call.
>> Concerning both TMCH Q 7 & 8, I support that WG decides with an overarching
>> approach having in mind that those questions have an impact on all other
>> RPMs, being the TMCH a repository that supports those RPMs.
>> Kind regards.
>> Ivett Paulovics
>> URS Domain Dispute Case Manager
>> MFSD Srl | IP Dispute Resolution Center
>> Viale Beatrice d'Este, 20 | 20122 Milano (Italy)
>> T +39 02 45506624 <tel:+39%2002%204550%206624> | F +39 02 91471087
>> M +39 329 2596103 <tel:+39%20329%20259%206103>
>> urs at mfsd.it <mailto:responsabile at mfsd.it> | https://urs.mfsd.it
>> Skype mfsd.urs
>> P. Iva 04810100968 (Italian VAT)
>> URS Domain Dispute Resolution Service Provider approved by ICANN
>> .it Domain Dispute Resolution Center accredited by Registry .it
>> IP Mediation Center authorized by Italian Ministry of Justice (no. 903)
>> IP Mediation Training Center authorized by Italian Ministry of Justice (no.
>>> Il giorno 15 mag 2017, alle ore 20:05, claudio di gangi
>>> <ipcdigangi at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>> Mary, all,
>>> Thank you for the direction provided in your recent note.
>>> With regards to GIs, our Charter,
>>> https://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/rpm-charter-15mar16-en.pdf, states the
>>> "Examine the protection of country names and geographical indications, and
>>> generally of indications of source, within the RPMs."
>>> In my view, this signifies that the issue of GIs is properly within scope,
>>> but if anyone feels differently I would encourage substantive feedback so we
>>> can resolve any alternative points of views on this subject.
>>> On the basis of this charter objective, I suggest we: 1) add the
>>> consideration of GIs to the policy review of the Sunrise and Claims
>>> services; and 2) withhold final consideration of the current TMCH proposals
>>> relating to GIs, until we conclude the policy review of the new gTLD RPMs
>>> (as described in the Charter).
>>> The Clearinghouse is a database designed to administratively support the
>>> RPMs across new gTLDs. When we conduct the policy review of the RPMs, we can
>>> assess the nature of the protections and assess whether any changes are
>>> needed to protect the rights of others, consistent with the GNSO policy
>>> recommendations on new gTLDs. The specific design of the Clearinghouse
>>> database, and the associated IP records contained therein, should be
>>> consistent with the outcome of that policy assessment.
>>> I hope these suggestions are helpful.
>>> Best regards,
>>> On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org> wrote:
>>>> Apologies, that deadline for submission of proposals should (of course) be
>>>> Wednesday 24 MAY 2017 (and not February!!!)
>>>> Sorry for any confusion,
>>>> From: <gnso-rpm-wg-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Mary Wong
>>>> <mary.wong at icann.org>
>>>> Date: Friday, May 12, 2017 at 20:13
>>>> To: "gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org" <gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org>
>>>> Subject: [gnso-rpm-wg] Deadline for proposals and agenda for the next
>>>> Working Group call
>>>> Dear all,
>>>> On behalf of the Working Group co-chairs, this note is being sent to inform
>>>> you that the co-chairs would like to bring the discussions on the various
>>>> open questions relating to the TMCH to a close within a reasonable period
>>>> of time. This will allow us to move on to the next part of Phase One of our
>>>> work, which will be to review the Sunrise and Trademark Claims RPMs. As
>>>> such, please note that the co-chairs are asking that any proposal you may
>>>> wish to submit on the TMCH review including any refinement of a
>>>> previously-submitted proposal and especially relating to the ongoing
>>>> discussion on design marks, GIs and expanding the ³identical match² test
>>>> should be sent to this mailing list no later than Wednesday 24 February
>>>> For the next Working Group meeting, scheduled for Wednesday 17 May, here is
>>>> the proposed agenda:
>>>> 1. Roll call (via Adobe Connect and phone bridge only); updates to
>>>> Statements of Interest
>>>> 2. Progress reports from the chairs of the Sunrise and Trademark Claims
>>>> Sub Teams
>>>> 3. Continue discussion of open TMCH questions:
>>>> · Geographical Indications (with the opportunity for Jonathan Agmon
>>>> or his designee to present his proposal, being the only proposal that has
>>>> not yet been presented to the group at a meeting)
>>>> · Expanding the ³identical match² test
>>>> · [if time permits Design marks
>>>> 4. Next steps/next meeting
>>>> Please note also that there will not be a Working Group meeting the
>>>> following Wednesday, 24 May, since many Working Group members will be at
>>>> the International Trademark Association Annual Meeting.
>>>> Thanks and cheers
>>>> gnso-rpm-wg mailing list
>>>> gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org
>>> gnso-rpm-wg mailing list
>>> gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org
>> gnso-rpm-wg mailing list
>> gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org
> _______________________________________________ gnso-rpm-wg mailing list
> gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/gnso-rpm-wg
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Allegato di posta elettronica.png
Size: 171108 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the gnso-rpm-wg