[gnso-rpm-wg] Is conventional wisdom that the strongest trademarks deserve greater protection simply wrong?

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Thu Nov 30 18:30:11 UTC 2017

Georges:

Not responding to every point, because our mutual positions are clear, however:

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Nahitchevansky, Georges
<ghn at kilpatricktownsend.com> wrote:
> George K
>
> The INTA survey, which you obviously loathe because it actually detracts from your narrative, is far more useful in analyzing the RPMs for domain names.  But I understand that anything that might show why the RPMs are helpful or useful will always be flawed in your view.

That's not true at all. It's simply a poorly done survey, period, with
results that are statistically invalid, due to the small sample size
and other reasons that were previously discussed. Had they done a
proper survey, the results would be much harder to challenge, and
could stand up to scrutiny. A survey of 33, that is also not
representative? That's laughable (and I showed the court precedents
that laughed along with me at that kind of study).