[gnso-rpm-wg] Directly from INTA's website: What the TTAB has to say about sample size

Paul Keating paul at law.es
Sat Sep 2 10:10:02 UTC 2017

Jonathan

"And I don't think we should get distracted by the extent to which the survey reflects all INTA members as for many, it carries extraordinary significance without needing to get bogged down any further."

This embodies exactly the point I and I believe George are trying to make.   The study is not a study because it fails to meet any form of statistical standards. However you and others apparently believe it "carries extraordinary significance".

I'm sorry but the lack of compliance with statistical norms means the survey results cannot be relied on for any purpose. There is not even a sufficient basis to believe it actually reflects the opinion of 30 some-odd trademark holders.

So keep it if you wish but please let's all recognize its true worth.

Sincerely,
Paul Keating, Esq.