[gnso-rpm-wg] Directly from INTA's website: What the TTAB has to say about sample size

claudio di gangi ipcdigangi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 18:03:16 UTC 2017

If it doesn't impede or slow down our work, I think Paul's suggestion is
worthy of consideration.

One approach could be for this WG to post a brief online Request for
Information (RFI) that asks a series of questions about the utilization of
Sunrise and the additonal marketplace RPMs for data collection purposes.
The input and experience gained from the INTA survey can inform this
process. This method was used successfully to obtain data on the 'domain
name tasting' issue from several years ago.

Alternatively, we can utilize the data that we already have in the staff
report which indicates over 30,000 Sunrise transactions in 2014 alone, and
other public resources that describe the level of costs imposed in specific
TLDs, such as .sucks (millions of dollars), .porn, .adult, etc. This
information reflects there was more money spent on Sunrise registrations
(from the 2012 round) than in all previous gTLD Sunrise periods combined by
an order of several multitudes.

Best,
Claudio