[gnso-rpm-wg] Agenda and documents for RPM Working Group call on Wednesday 6 September 2017

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed Sep 6 16:54:15 UTC 2017

Susan wrote:

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Susan Payne <susan.payne at valideus.com> wrote:
> George you were the one jumping to conclusions: for example " If it turns out that the rate of cybersquatting in the landrush period was low, that supports the argument that the sunrise period can be eliminated without major harmful effects".  Which frankly is not even worth responding to.

(1) Then why are you responding?

(2) That's a misleading snippet of what I actually wrote, namely:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/2017-September/002485.html

"If it turns out that the rate of cybersquatting in the landrush
period was low, that supports the argument that the sunrise period can
be eliminated without major harmful effects. On the other hand, if it
turns out that the rate of cybersquatting in the landrush
period was too high, that might argue for the retention of sunrises."

which was not jumping to *any* conclusions, since it allowed for
either possibility. i.e. see the 2nd sentence that begins "On the
other hand....".