[gnso-rpm-wg] Proposal to Shift URS review to Phase II

claudio di gangi ipcdigangi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 22:34:38 UTC 2018

All,

I also support the proposal and think it's a great way of proceeding.

The URS and UDRP are very similar, complementary policies, both designed to
address abusively registered domains in gTLDs. As a result, almost every
topic or issue that requires research and analysis applies to both RPMs.
Therefore, reviewing these policies in unison will create efficiencies and
streamline our work.

In fact, I believe there are interdependencies in terms of how the policies
are designed and function. These factors will need to be taken into
consideration when developing our WG report, including for example, the
scope and nature of the remedies available under each policy. Reviewing
them in unison will avoid the need to go back and revise and/or change our
recommendations based on subsequent decisions or information that is
uncovered.

All things considered, it appears to be the most logical way of approaching
the review, with very little to no downside that is readily apparent to me.

Thanks for the suggestion John.

Best regards,
Claudio