[gnso-rpm-wg] [Ext] RE: Proposed agenda for RPM Working Group call on 25 April 2018 at 1200 UTC

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Mon Apr 30 15:09:40 UTC 2018

Hi Susan and WG members,

Please see the updated Google sheet with the change as suggested:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1apbVrFayn_vbPfhKDpjYs66iBWjvwhWFGZbuGpQnOgI/edit?usp=sharing.

Kind regards,

Julie

From: gnso-rpm-wg <gnso-rpm-wg-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund at icann.org>
Date: Monday, April 30, 2018 at 10:44 AM
To: Susan Payne <susan.payne at valideus.com>, "gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org" <gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [gnso-rpm-wg] [Ext] RE: Proposed agenda for RPM Working Group call on 25 April 2018 at 1200 UTC

Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for your helpful suggestion.  Staff will make the change.

Kind regards,

Julie

From: Susan Payne <susan.payne at valideus.com>
Date: Monday, April 30, 2018 at 10:42 AM
To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund at icann.org>, "gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org" <gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org>

Thanks Julie

Regarding the Google sheet summary for agenda item 4, I would not characterise line 14 on the responses tab as opposing John McElwaine’s proposal but rather as supporting it:

Cyntia King (to Jeff Neuman): Thanks for the technical expertise, Jeff. Although I would find it gratifying, after 2 years of work, to knock out a report on all the new RPMs, I find the current GDPR work a fatal impediment to completing the review of URS & UDRP separately. Work on the Providers sub-team has convinced me that the URS and UDRP share similar mechanisms & processes (for example: RPM provider reporting, the hiring/training/monitoring of examiners, notification of parties to RPM proceedings, etc.) most easily addressed together. As well, many of these mechanisms & processes will be similarly impacted by the GDPR. I think it makes sense at this point to address the URS & UDRP together, especially as the moving parts of the GDRP eventually fall into place. http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/2018-April/002912.html

Could I suggest that this be moved to the “support” section please.

Susan Payne
Head of Legal Policy | Valideus Ltd

E: susan.payne at valideus.com
D: +44 20 7421 8255