[gnso-rpm-wg] URS Respondent Response Rates -- China vs. USA

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Tue Aug 28 20:44:35 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

To support an upcoming proposed URS policy re: language, I did some
analysis today of the data that had been generously shared with the
working group by Rebecca Tushnet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dodxsqkauqp1vr/URS%20Case%20Review%20-%20Final.xlsx?dl=0

comparing the response rates (within 14 days) of respondents from the
top 2 respondent countries, namely China and the USA.

Rebecca's data showed there were 252 cases involving a respondent from
China, and they responded (within 14 days) 50 times, for a response
rate of 19.8%.

For the 159 cases involving a respondent from the United States, they
responded (within 14 days) 57 times, for a response rate of 35.8%,
which is markedly higher.

Furthermore, if one compares the number of "Denied" cases, there were
just 11 of them for registrants from China, for a "win rate" of the
domain name registrants of just 4.4% (11/252). For
respondents/registrants from the United States, 20 of the 159 URS
complaints were denied, for a much higher "win rate" of 12.6%.

I'm posting these stats to the mailing list, so that others have
access to them, and to also reduce the need to have to reproduce the
calculations in the URS Proposals submissions (which uses up some of
the 250 words!).