[gnso-rpm-wg] Two URS decisions of note

claudio di gangi ipcdigangi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:13:12 UTC 2018

George, all,

Thanka for digging this up, I came across the same details on DomainTools.

After the first suspension, the TM owner was likely monitoring the domain
for changes.

As you point out, when they noticed the domain was updated and the Name
Servers redelegated during the AutoRenew period, there was probably concern
the domain was going to be reactivated; in fact, it could have been renewed
by the registrant during this period.

I'm speculating, but this likely prompted the second URS proceeding; in the
2nd case the complainant did not provide evidence of bad faith use,
probably under the mistaken assumption that bad faith had already been
established in the first case and that would carry over.

However, as the examiner infers in the decision, if they did provide such
evidence, they may have won the second case as well.

I think this is another example of the confusion caused the existing
remedy, which allows the losing registrant to renew the suspended domain
upon expiry.

Best,
Claudio