[gnso-rpm-wg] URS "Loser Pays" proposal vs. TTAB Manual of Procedure

Tushnet, Rebecca rtushnet at law.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 3 15:08:13 UTC 2018

Full adjudicatory systems may have a loser-pays system; what are the examples of deliberately quick, evidence-limited systems that use loser-pays?  (For example, the TM registration system deliberately decides issues in the abstract rather than based on the actual use of the mark in the marketplace, for good reasons.)  I'm not aware of US models but I'd be interested to know what's out there.

Rebecca Tushnet
Frank Stanton Professor of First Amendment Law, Harvard Law School
703 593 6759