[GNSO-RPM-WG] Revised Version of URS Proposal #12

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Tue Oct 16 17:12:51 UTC 2018

Hi Brian,

Since the court in Gopets was fully aware of the older (2003)
Schmidheiny case, there's no need for me to revise my proposal.
Furthermore, there was a complicating issue, as to what was the
correct date because the domain name had been created *prior* to the
ACPA.

As for whether or not there's "ambiguity", it's clear that there has
been an ambiguity, otherwise the entire "renewal is a re-registration"
debacle wouldn't have transpired. My proposal eliminates the
ambiguity, and aligns the clear definition with that in Gopets.